[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Star Wars • Page 40 • The Lounge • Political Crossfire Forums

Star Wars

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Re: Star Wars

Postby Kane » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:12 am

Forest f**k Whitaker? Holy shitballs
Kane
Vice President

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby Spider » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:34 am

Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby John Galt » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:11 am

it looks even better than the last one since it has a lack of fantasy bullshit
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby uebermann » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:26 am

Pretty PO'ed that the 3D version of TFA won't be out until late this year. I am NOT going to buy the Blu Ray and then the 3D + Blu Ray in a few months. I'll just wait I suppose.

Stupid greedy Disney
uebermann
Site Admin

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby John Galt » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:47 am

i wanted to see it in imax so i did, but i must promise myself that's the last time i see a movie in 3D. my eyes are in pain the entire time i'm watching it. i am guessing you don't have that problem, so i can see why it would be annoying for them to release it early. still, movies are released on dvd a few months after they are in theaters these days. i think this is to take advantage of the hype that still exists from it being in the movie theater. that is how they are being "greedy" (which is okay by me). im sure it takes more equipment or something to get it to work right for the 3d tech so that it takes longer to print those i'm not really suprised; i don't assume they are nefariously trying to get you to buy it multiple times: star wars isn't owned by george lucas anymore
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Spider » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:13 am

I didn't feel any pain from the 3D, but I found it hugely distracting/annoying. My first viewing of TFA was pretty much ruined by the 3D sucking all the scale out of things, and making the effects indistinct. I wasn't even sure how I felt about the movie until I was able to try again without the 3D.

Avatar got the 3D right by virtue of shooting the movie with 3D cameras. Every other movie in 3D has just sucked, and felt gimmicky. Really annoying. At least for me.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Postby exploited » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:42 am

3D is f**k retarded. Always has been, always will be, at least until we get true 3D environments and all of us watch movies on treadmills. Adds nothing to the movie and almost always takes away from it.
exploited
Vice President

Postby uebermann » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:42 am

shrug. Saw it in 2d First then in 3d and man, it was awesome in 3d imho. My buddy that typically doesn't like 3d movies liked it better as well. I don't get motion sickness or anything so the 3d doesn't bother me at all, other than having to wear glasses anyways.

Regardless, its nothing short of a pure cash grab by Disney. They are waiting to release the 3d so that a bunch more people will buy it when its out as opposed to putting it out now. Like what was done with the LOTR movies and extended versions.
uebermann
Site Admin

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby Spider » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:06 am

Your probably right about this bluray release. Though Abrams has said that there are no plans for any "director's cut" or extended editions. Could be a lie. Abrams does that alot.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Postby John Galt » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:47 am

John Galt
Technical Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge