[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
The Hockey Thread • Page 8 • The Lounge • Political Crossfire Forums

The Hockey Thread

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Re: The Hockey Thread

Postby John Galt » Wed May 30, 2018 9:51 pm

Yeah I didn't see it. I was listening to the game as I was cleaning my house. I did hear them mention that repeatedly though that it was a bad non call so that's probably true. The late hit by Wilson was also talked about and I saw that replay. It drew a penalty from Vegas anyway. You complain too much about the officiating; I think they do a pretty good job
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby ToddStarnes » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:23 pm

That's because you dont know anything about the sport I guess. That missed cross check is a huge deal and very blatant.

Also Referees are the only people who can call two minute minors. If one saw it, call it. If they had to huddle up and ask the linemen, that was a breach of the rules of the game (which is fine as long as the end result is a punishment for Wilson for hitting harder than everybody else, amirite gary?)

Anyway on to Saturday without our best player because of an illegal high hit that obviously wasnt called. The NHL is a joke.
ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby John Galt » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:17 pm

Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby ToddStarnes » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:19 am

I have never ever seen that happen before. Have you? If so, what game and when?

And you're flat out wrong. I'vebeen exasperated by WWE style playoff hockey in many series involving no capitals. You're out of your element.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/7 ... -the-worst

Its pretty accepted among hockey fans the reffing situation has gotten unacceptable and is making the game worse.

You probably weren't a fan back then but the game was pretty shitty in the old clutch and grab era. We see a lot of similar stuff now in the playoffs.
Last edited by ToddStarnes on Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby John Galt » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:19 am

i'm pretty sure they talk to each other every game. look, it's in the rules, so don't tell me it's a breach of the rules. the fact that you never have seen it is completely f**k irrelevant

i really don't think this is at all similar to clutch and grab. have you seen flagrant hooking or holds not called? you know, like this?

John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby ToddStarnes » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:39 pm

The rule enumerates the penalties linesmen can call. Is interference one of them?

So to reiterate you have never seen it before either right? And several long time announcers and players called it out as odd?

Yeah nothing to see here folks lmao.

Thankfully the hockey gods smiled upon us and reaves choked on an easy one timer. Clear karma for that absurd no call in G1. Series should be over rn but whatever.

On to game 5. Only my caps could f**k it up at this point.
ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby ToddStarnes » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:59 pm

Special to see Ovie hoist the cup. Go caps
ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby John Galt » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:29 pm

Congrats

Ovechkin Knocks Out Rest Of Teeth While Kissing Stanley Cup

https://sports.theonion.com/ovechkin-kn ... 1826652880

honestly, i thought he looked about 45 but thought he was a bit younger, like 42. i can't believe he's 32.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby ToddStarnes » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:37 am

ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby NAB » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:15 pm

Those sheets....wtf.

NAB