[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
The Hockey Thread • Page 7 • The Lounge • Political Crossfire Forums

The Hockey Thread

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Re: The Hockey Thread

Postby ToddStarnes » Tue May 29, 2018 7:48 am

ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby ToddStarnes » Tue May 29, 2018 9:50 pm

Last edited by ToddStarnes on Wed May 30, 2018 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby ToddStarnes » Tue May 29, 2018 9:57 pm

ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby John Galt » Wed May 30, 2018 8:20 am

wilson should have been banned since the pittsburgh series until next year. he shouldn't have been able to make that late hit in the vegas game, thus you shouldn't have something to whine about. you are whining worse than canadians about bettman
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby ToddStarnes » Wed May 30, 2018 10:10 am

You're out of your element donny
ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby ToddStarnes » Wed May 30, 2018 11:45 am

Tbh I'm starting to get the impression galt is a "man" who never played a contact sport.

Galt, please confirm you played a contact sport like all men must.
ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby John Galt » Wed May 30, 2018 12:10 pm

i played youth hockey and i played varsity lacrosse in high school and was on the club team in my D3 college. i'm not going to claim i'm any good at either of these sports. i got a concussion once, and that was from a lacrosse ball to the eye when i wasn't wearing a helmet in practice
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby ToddStarnes » Wed May 30, 2018 12:58 pm

That's awesome. Lacrosse is a lot of fun.

Now there is no good reason for why are you such a house wife about contact sports though
ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

Postby John Galt » Wed May 30, 2018 3:27 pm

i have literally spent thousands of dollars on the nhl. and i'll tell you wat donny. if the game was played the same in the playoffs as in the regular season, the wild would already have their names on the cup. but it isn't the same game. playoff hockey is far more exciting and physical than the regular season. it also ends in sorrow year after year for minnesota fans. this isn't to say that the officiating is the main culprit though. the game would be different with or without changes to the officiating, but there would likely be higher penalties, rather than the other way around.

it's a very fine line to skate around here. erring on no-call means that there isn't a power play opportunity that can change the entire series. and heck, by handling out penalties outside of the context of within a game (eg wilson's suspension) you end up not messing with the game momentum. it's a known quantity for the teams next game

i think they do a pretty good job, on balance.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby ToddStarnes » Wed May 30, 2018 9:19 pm

There is nobody in the hockey world defending that non call, FYI. Stay in your lane donny.

This year it's been a little better overall I agree. The only real wrestling match was probably caps CBJ. Maybe the last few WPG-Vegas games.
ToddStarnes
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge