[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
I miss Obama • Page 12 • General Discussion • Political Crossfire Forums

I miss Obama

The place for general political discussion.

Re: I miss Obama

Postby Spider » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:03 am

Wow. So this thread got painful to read, what with Ex somehow managing to impale his snatch on a sandblaster gun.

That said, Canada has legitimate concerns over single engine aircraft given their particular situation. Finland is in the same boat, as they are also currently looking to upgrade from their old F/A-18's to something a bit less archaic...especially with a a new level of belligerence from Russia. Finland is being pretty deliberate about their upgrade process. But honestly, in both cases, sticking to the familiar platform...or at least just going with the Super Hornet, would be a fine move. Aussies have been happy with theirs.

And let's face it. The Canadians have nothing to fear, really. They could still be flying their old F-104's. Wouldn't matter. (And, in all likelihood, there was someone like Ex calling the F/A-18 a piece of shit back then, too.) The US would no more tolerate aggression against Canada than we would Alaska.

Besides, Canadians are apparently already getting their asses kicked by the avian wildlife, to hear Ex tell it. When those are the stakes, all we can really offer our beleaguered northern allies is solidarity and a reaffirmed commitment to mutual defense should the geese finally confederate and turn their envious gaze against us both.

These users thanked the author Spider for the post:
Dylan
Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby Dylan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:14 am

Lol that last line is devestating. Ex isnt going to walk right for a month
Dylan
Vice President

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby exploited » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:53 am

http://content.time.com/time/nation/art ... 75,00.html

Utterly disgraceful. Twenty-four American service members get killed after their plane gets hit by Canada geese (1995). A jetline taking off from La Guardia goes down, again by Canada geese (2009). The number of birdstrikes quadruples from 1990 to 2007, from 1800 to nearly 8000.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bir ... e-1.361189

500 planes damaged by bird strikes since 2000. 166 of them had to make emergency landings. Annual cost exceeds $600 million.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-ne ... adas-birds

Over 25% of crashes of Canada's single-engine Starfighter jet, over a twenty-five year span, are caused by bird strikes.

And here we have the Jackoff Squad going "lulululz Canada" and refusing to engage in any actual debate whatsoever. The weirdest thing is the immaturity of it all - I'm supposed to be the immature one here, not Spider, although such behaviour from Comrade and Dylan isn't altogether expected, seeing as how their role here is to get kicked around while declaring themselves the victor.

I am genuinely looking forward for Comrade to post all his amazing technological facts about the F-35, and then I'll get to go through them one by one, explaining how they either don't work (and won't work for years), or they don't serve any purpose that couldn't have been done at 1/10th the cost by something else. But no doubt after I do this, the JS will continue it's reign of 2004 trolling terror, as if anyone is still impressed by "u mads" and juvenile nationalistic barbs.
exploited
Vice President

Postby Spider » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:07 am

These users thanked the author Spider for the post:
exploited
Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby exploited » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:21 am

These users thanked the author exploited for the post:
spacemonkey
exploited
Vice President

Postby John Galt » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:28 am

Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby exploited » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:00 am

exploited
Vice President

Postby Dylan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:06 am

you would've liked one of my buddies in college. dude would go geese hunting and come back with a pickup truck bed literally piled high with dead geese.

i like geese though.

I will stand with geese should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.
Dylan
Vice President

Postby Winchester » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:13 am

Winchester
Governor

Postby Dylan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:18 am

Dylan
Vice President