We're so f*cked

The place for general political discussion.

It's been a year, did Trump Co work with the Russians?

Yes - I read fake news
83%
No - I am a Trumpbot and lack any critical thinking skills
17%

Total votes : 6

Re: We're so f*cked

Postby John Galt » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:43 pm

Saz wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:
The Comrade wrote:i watch cnn when i eat because nothing aids my digestion more than all the daily trump scandals.

I always thought you were addicted to cool aid. CNN = the confirmation of that. Maybe someday you will figure out what the channel selector is for. Good luck.

CNN is a joke, along with FOX and MSNBC.

I've really just stopped watching news unless its BBC or Bloomberg. Financial news channels cover politics without all the extra bullshit. CNN isn't even news anymore, its a channel for 105 IQ political junkies who don't have a job (no disrespect to the other posters here).

i was waiting on some service with my car, and the lounge had FOX Buisness on. Not FOXNews, but FOX Buisness channel. supposed to be about stocks or some shit right?

i was physically uncomfortable hearing the shrieking coming from some woman on that channel, who was really mad about the Senate not passing healthcare, and saying it was all their fault and trump did nothing wrong, and just used different names for the congress with every statement she made. she kept on interjecting on other people too. once i was the only person left, i changed the channel to national geographic. i got my car, realized they f**k up something and i needed to take it back. not 5 minutes had passed and i went back into the waiting room.

the shrieking was back
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby NAB » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:55 pm

John Galt wrote:
Saz wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:
The Comrade wrote:i watch cnn when i eat because nothing aids my digestion more than all the daily trump scandals.

I always thought you were addicted to cool aid. CNN = the confirmation of that. Maybe someday you will figure out what the channel selector is for. Good luck.

I've really just stopped watching news unless its BBC or Bloomberg. Financial news channels cover politics without all the extra bullshit. CNN isn't even news anymore, its a channel for 105 IQ political junkies who don't have a job (no disrespect to the other posters here).

i was waiting on some service with my car, and the lounge had FOX Buisness on. Not FOXNews, but FOX Buisness channel. supposed to be about stocks or some shit right?

i was physically uncomfortable hearing the shrieking coming from some woman on that channel, who was really mad about the Senate not passing healthcare, and saying it was all their fault and trump did nothing wrong, and just used different names for the congress with every statement she made. she kept on interjecting on other people too. once i was the only person left, i changed the channel to national geographic. i got my car, realized they f**k up something and i needed to take it back. not 5 minutes had passed and i went back into the waiting room.

the shrieking was back

It makes sense that car salesmen would seem naturally drawn to Fox, and especially the type of people who work in car service departments (not stereotyping, but I actually am). I have a BMW and they had Fox when I first got there a few weeks back, but then it was changed to some weekday morning fluff (The View or some shit), luckily, I came prepared with headphones and my ipad. This dealership also has a separate Mini building as part of it, so I wonder if they had MSNBC on in their waiting area.

I can bet if I walked into a Cadillac or Chevy where they sell Tahoes and Suburbans in my area, Fox would most definitely be on. Nissan, Toyota, CNN probably.
Welcome to our speak board web page
NAB
Governor

Postby Kane » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:58 pm

Reuters wrote:
Trump ratchets up rhetoric toward North Korea

BEDMINSTER, N.J. (Reuters) - President Donald Trump ratcheted up his rhetoric toward North Korea on Thursday, saying it should be "very, very nervous" if it even thinks about attacking the United States or its allies, after Pyongyang said it was making plans to fire missiles over Japan to land near the U.S. Pacific territory of Guam.

"The people of our country are safe. Our allies are safe. And I will tell you this: North Korea better get their act together or they're going to be in trouble like few nations ever have been in trouble in this world," Trump told reporters in New Jersey, where he was meeting with his national security team.

Far from toning down his words after saying on Tuesday that any threats by Pyongyang would be "met with fire and fury like the world has never seen," Trump said those remarks may have not gone far enough.

"Maybe it wasn't tough enough. They've been doing this to our country for a long time, for many years. And it's about time that somebody stuck up for the people of this country and for the people of other countries," Trump added.

Asked if he would consider a pre-emptive strike against North Korea to deny it the ability to launch a nuclear attack against the United States, Trump said, "We'll see what happens."

"If North Korea does anything in terms of even thinking about attack of anybody that we love or we represent or our allies or us, they should be very, very nervous. I'll tell you what. And they should be very nervous. Because things will happen to them like they never thought possible," Trump added.

The United States and South Korea remain technically still at war with North Korea after the 1950-53 Korean conflict ended with a truce, not a peace treaty.

Tension in the region has risen sharply since the reclusive communist country -- which staged two nuclear bomb tests last year -- launched two intercontinental ballistic missile tests in July in defiance of world powers. Trump has said he will not allow Pyongyang to develop a nuclear weapon capable of hitting the United States.

North Korea's army will complete the plans in mid-August to fire four intermediate-range missiles over Japan to land near Guam, when they will be ready for leader Kim Jong Un's order, state-run KCNA news agency said. The plans called for the missiles to land in the sea 30-40 km (18-25 miles) from Guam.

1. Trump never admits he's wrong
2. Trump never apologizes
3. Trump likes rich white dudes and generals
4. He's an idiot
5. Kim is an idiot

Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
Kane
Governor

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby John Galt » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:04 pm

NAB wrote:
John Galt wrote:
Saz wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:

the shrieking was back

It makes sense that car salesmen would seem naturally drawn to Fox, and especially the type of people who work in car service departments (not stereotyping, but I actually am). I have a BMW and they had Fox when I first got there a few weeks back, but then it was changed to some weekday morning fluff (The View or some shit), luckily, I came prepared with headphones and my ipad. This dealership also has a separate Mini building as part of it, so I wonder if they had MSNBC on in their waiting area.

I can bet if I walked into a Cadillac or Chevy where they sell Tahoes and Suburbans in my area, Fox would most definitely be on. Nissan, Toyota, CNN probably.

ford mechanics and their supervisor

the thing was there was no one in the room that worked there, the mechanics would just occasionally enter to go to the bathroom inside the waiting room. i had figured they didn't give a shit about what was on the tv. i guess i was wrong

but being as that i never watch this shit, i hadn't realized how far it's fallen. i had in my mind this idea that there was opinion shows, but the news readers just read the news. but if the financial news has the news reader whining like trump on it, it's all shit
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby NAB » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:10 pm

John Galt wrote:
ford mechanics and their supervisor

the thing was there was no one in the room that worked there, the mechanics would just occasionally enter to go to the bathroom inside the waiting room. i had figured they didn't give a shit about what was on the tv. i guess i was wrong

but being as that i never watch this shit, i hadn't realized how far it's fallen. i had in my mind this idea that there was opinion shows, but the news readers just read the news. but if the financial news has the news reader whining like trump on it, it's all shit

I have no idea why my wife watches those Real Housewives shows, but, apparently, shrieking people appeals to some.
NAB
Governor

Postby Saz » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:20 pm

John Galt wrote:
Saz wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:

the shrieking was back

Fox Business is basically the same thing as fox news. They just run a ticker and put on neil cavuto and geraldo instead of hannity etc.

CNBC is business, but its very much the prole sort of business news (think Cramer). I give this a pass because its actually not political a vast majority of the time (in fact, half the time its not even a business channel, its overflow shit from other NBC networks).Its quite entertaining and closing bell is good but a lot of the other stuff is just stock picking in the most entertaining fashion.

Bloomberg is f**k excellent, by far the best and really the only one worth watching. Gets a bit wonkish at times, talking about PMI numbers for an hour or the chart of the day (GBP to CNY credit spreads against Euro AUD volatility!), but generally pretty excellent. It's on around the clock to, if you watch in the middle of the night you will get by far the best asia coverage, business or political, on any channel. Really love bloomberg, respect the daily tech segment with the hot azn lady who actually knows her shit. They brought on google bro the other day (he looks like a huge dork and expressed himself much better on paper). Falls of on the weekend as the markets are closed but still 2 hours of solid programming (which repeats).
Pun intended for the plebes on here who don't get a joke
Saz
Governor

Postby Saz » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:24 pm

I've also become very aggressive with the parentheticals - I hope this hasn't slipped into my actual writing its f**k obnoxious
Pun intended for the plebes on here who don't get a joke
Saz
Governor

Postby NAB » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:40 pm

Saz wrote:I've also become very aggressive with the parentheticals - I hope this hasn't slipped into my actual writing its f**k obnoxious

I am also very guilty of this (I even did it multiple times a few posts above).
NAB
Governor

Postby Winchester » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:46 pm

John Galt wrote:but being as that i never watch this shit, i hadn't realized how far it's fallen. i had in my mind this idea that there was opinion shows, but the news readers just read the news. but if the financial news has the news reader whining like trump on it, it's all shit

I had to watch Fox while in Ohio visiting the in-laws. I agree it was even worse than I remember it.
Winchester
Governor

Postby Kane » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:51 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/11/politics/ ... index.html

Forget DPRK. Forget nukes.

Trump is playing with fire. His remarks on Chinese trade will come back to haunt him - using this as a cudgel has already swayed their hands. The effects of all of this will be greatly amplified over time - primarily due to our leaving the TPP.

Legacy.
Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
Kane
Governor

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion