Not-the-NFL, Trump, and Kneelers

The place for general political discussion.

Not-the-NFL, Trump, and Kneelers

Postby phosphide » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:20 pm

John Galt wrote:I said it years ago when this started and I'll say it again: the reason kapernick kneeled was because he was trying to hide behind being fired for political beliefs rather than performance. Others joined in who were actually not necessarily shit players, and now it's gone full South Park thanks to Donald

Donald is gonna make sure kapernick ends up in history next to Rosa parks instead of where he belongs next to tavaris jackson


Kaepernick was about social justice, the rest of these guys got their feelings hurt. Phhhs, and you guys say soccer is for pussies.
We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will yet swell the chorus when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.
- Abraham Lincoln
phosphide
Senator
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 59 times
Political Leaning: Libertarian

Re: NFL 2017-2018

Postby Spider » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:30 pm

phosphide wrote:
John Galt wrote:I said it years ago when this started and I'll say it again: the reason kapernick kneeled was because he was trying to hide behind being fired for political beliefs rather than performance. Others joined in who were actually not necessarily shit players, and now it's gone full South Park thanks to Donald

Donald is gonna make sure kapernick ends up in history next to Rosa parks instead of where he belongs next to tavaris jackson


Kaepernick was about social justice, the rest of these guys got their feelings hurt. Phhhs, and you guys say soccer is for pussies.


Yes, Phos. Protesting decades of police brutality and murder is for pussies. Apparently, the "president" of the United States going on the record saying such protests should result in firings is something that people should just pretend didn't happen? Especially the people most directly implicated?

ffs.

Goddamn the shrill weeping of conservative snowflakes is f**k exhausting to listen to. Every single time anyone has anything to say or do about trump's latest idiocy, out of the woodwork you people come to bitch about it and stick up for the great orange humiliation.

On the bright side, I'm interested in the NFL for the first time ever. So there's that, I guess.
Ernest Shackleton: "Men wanted for hazardous journey, small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful, honor and recognition in case of success."

Onward to Mars
User avatar
Spider
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 11555
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: Out in the sticks.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 857 times
Been thanked: 1020 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: NFL 2017-2018

Postby phosphide » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:33 pm

Whatever you say Indy.
We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will yet swell the chorus when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.
- Abraham Lincoln
phosphide
Senator
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 59 times
Political Leaning: Libertarian

Re: NFL 2017-2018

Postby Spider » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:32 pm

:|
Whatever you say, spacemonkey.

Damnit. This is no fun if you make no effort.

ITT, Phos gets called out for terming protesters against police brutality pussies and then declines to even attempt to defend his position.

Yes. They've got a problem with this:



f**k pussies! Fire them!
Ernest Shackleton: "Men wanted for hazardous journey, small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful, honor and recognition in case of success."

Onward to Mars
User avatar
Spider
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 11555
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: Out in the sticks.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 857 times
Been thanked: 1020 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: NFL 2017-2018

Postby phosphide » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:07 pm

Spider wrote::|
Whatever you say, spacemonkey.

Damnit. This is no fun if you make no effort.

ITT, Phos gets called out for terming protesters against police brutality pussies and then declines to even attempt to defend his position.

Yes. They've got a problem with this:



f**k pussies! Fire them!


1. I said Kaepernick stood for social justice, the others who protested today did not. Which is true.
2. The point of the pussies comment was to start a soccer bashing, in an NFL thread, as PCF is accustomed to. Way to ruin it.
3. Yes, 300 lbs men getting upset over a Trump tweet and protesting the national anthem is being a kitty (protip: the protests were not to support Kaepernick, they were anti-Trump. Which is pointless in the way they did it.).
4. Did you ever consider that maybe I support Kaepernick? That maybe I support what he brought to light? Probably not because you are deranged.
We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will yet swell the chorus when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.
- Abraham Lincoln
phosphide
Senator
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 59 times
Political Leaning: Libertarian

Re: NFL 2017-2018

Postby Spider » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:43 pm

phosphide wrote:
1. I said Kaepernick stood for social justice, the others who protested today did not. Which is true.


Untrue, in point of obvious fact. Are you seriously unaware of what's happened?

2. The point of the pussies comment was to start a soccer bashing, in an NFL thread, as PCF is accustomed to. Way to ruin it.

Well. I truly am sorry about that.

3. Yes, 300 lbs men getting upset over a Trump tweet and protesting the national anthem is being a kitty (protip: the protests were not to support Kaepernick, they were anti-Trump. Which is pointless in the way they did it.).


Seriously!? They aren't protesting the national anthem, for christ sakes! Is that what they're telling you on right wing radio or whatever blog you read? They are protesting trump literally calling for firings as a consequence of protesting police brutality and murder.

4. Did you ever consider that maybe I support Kaepernick? That maybe I support what he brought to light? Probably not because you are deranged.

Sure. You support it so much you call those participating in the battle he started "pussies". Spare us. You are a brainwashed sheep, nearly completely in lockstep with every goddamn awful thing trump does. There is simply no other reason to call those who protest against the POTUS (such as he is) for literally calling for their firings as a consequence of peaceful protest, pussies, nor is there any reason to spread lies about the protests actually being against the national anthem, and not actions taken by trump, or in response to out of control police brutality and murder. Trump's actions are dispicable and unamerican, and any protest against them is an act of patriotism and decency.

Remember patriotism, Phos? You know, that thing ranked somewhere below country and way below party on your priorities list?

And please....before you try to trivialize that idiot's tweets...remember that they are in fact official statements from the POTUS. Sure, they are idiotic, and probably made from the toilet...but the White House has plainly stated what exactly trump's tweets are.
Ernest Shackleton: "Men wanted for hazardous journey, small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful, honor and recognition in case of success."

Onward to Mars
User avatar
Spider
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 11555
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: Out in the sticks.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 857 times
Been thanked: 1020 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: NFL 2017-2018

Postby phosphide » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:03 pm

For the 100th time, I don't support Trump. I don't like his tweets and I don't like his policies. Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of hearing about him every single f**k day. The beautiful thing about not reading right-wing blogs, not caring about Trump's tweets, and being entirely anti-shitlib is listening to your vomit of the mouth. You want to talk about sheep yet you are the poster child for the modern Democratic party. The party of exclusion rather than inclusion. It's why you lost the election but yet you feel necessary to marginalize every single person who doesn't agree with you on everything. So seriously, stop wasting your time.

P.S. Kneeling during the national anthem as a sign of protest does not make you a kitty. Getting butthurt over a Trump tweet does.
We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will yet swell the chorus when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.
- Abraham Lincoln
phosphide
Senator
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:37 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 59 times
Political Leaning: Libertarian

Re: NFL 2017-2018

Postby Spider » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:08 am

phosphide wrote:For the 100th time, I don't support Trump. I don't like his tweets and I don't like his policies. Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of hearing about him every single f**k day. The beautiful thing about not reading right-wing blogs, not caring about Trump's tweets, and being entirely anti-shitlib is listening to your vomit of the mouth. You want to talk about sheep yet you are the poster child for the modern Democratic party. The party of exclusion rather than inclusion.


lol did you seriously just say that? :))What do you suppose the partisan makeup of that subhuman trash that got those people killed in Charlottesville looked like? The Democratic Party mainstream has very little patience for those like me. But I'm still included regardless. The issue here is that you have a massive complex about the well-established lack of tolerance and progressive thinking on the right, and within the Republican base, (BUILD THE WALL!) and so of course you have to try to project it onto others. Pre-empt with it, right? lol.

It's why you lost the election

Still hung up on the election, nearly a year later! Just like spacemonkey. You really need to get over this simplistic us vs them crap as if this is all a big game. But, thank you for the opportunity to point out once again that in fact the American people rejected trump to the order of millions of votes. But, because of an anachronistic technicality left over because 18th century Maryland didn't want to be democratically steamrolled by 18th century Virginia, we got him appointed to us against our wishes and now we get to hang our heads in shame every day for at least 4 years. It wasn't our choice, but it is our responsibility, and our duty to minimize the damage and vociferously resist the assault on core American values.

But yes. You should probably keep muttering in satisfaction about two consecutive Republican presidents being foisted onto us against the will of the voters. Disastrously.


but yet you feel necessary to marginalize every single person who doesn't agree with you on everything. So seriously, stop wasting your time.


Oh, not even remotely close to "everything". Just the big stuff. For example when the "POTUS" decides to call for the firings of people who peacefully protest at a sporting event in an entirely symbolic and non-disruptive way against systemic police brutality, oppression, and murder. A proper leader would be supportive of their constitutionally protected protest. Would be supportive of that end. Would, as a patriot, understand that the betterment of society requires this sort of action. But instead we get this assine behavior...and we get you supporting it by calling those who protest that brutality "pussies".

So yes. I will absolutely work to marginalize this sort of trashiness. The other 98% of the time...I just couldn't give a shit.

P.S. Kneeling during the national anthem as a sign of protest does not make you a kitty. Getting butthurt over a Trump tweet does.


lol nice circular reasoning. It's okay to kneel so long as trump keeps his facial sphincter contracted. But if trump says anything about it...now the protest that was perfectly legitimate the day before suddenly makes you a kitty. trump release an official statement (remember, this is what his tweets are. At least according to him) calling for the firing of people for exercising their first amendment rights. There is nothing at all "kitty" about responding to such anti-American idiocy in a contrary fashion. This is the proper use of protest. Remember Draw Muhammed Day? Where lunatics were threatening to murder anyone who created an image of the Prophet? And so the world had a field day pasting offensive Muhammed images all over the place? Proper protest, that. At least in my opinion.

trump was foolishly trying to stomp out a peaceful and legitimate protest because he, in his pansy assed insecurity thought he was being disrespected. So what does he get? A much bigger fire. Which is as it should be. I'll not get behind idiots burning buildings down and endangering lives....but this take a knee protest is 100% legitimate and I am entirely behind it, at least ideologically.

Politically though, the Dems could wind up being damaged throwing behind this like that.
Ernest Shackleton: "Men wanted for hazardous journey, small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful, honor and recognition in case of success."

Onward to Mars
User avatar
Spider
VIP
VIP
 
Posts: 11555
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: Out in the sticks.
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 857 times
Been thanked: 1020 times
Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: Not-the-NFL, Trump, and Kneelers

Postby NAB » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:41 am

phosphide wrote:
John Galt wrote:I said it years ago when this started and I'll say it again: the reason kapernick kneeled was because he was trying to hide behind being fired for political beliefs rather than performance. Others joined in who were actually not necessarily shit players, and now it's gone full South Park thanks to Donald

Donald is gonna make sure kapernick ends up in history next to Rosa parks instead of where he belongs next to tavaris jackson


Kaepernick was about social justice, the rest of these guys got their feelings hurt. Phhhs, and you guys say soccer is for pussies.


That's a pretty shitty take breh.
Welcome to our speak board web page
User avatar
NAB
Governor
 
Posts: 7584
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:27 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 1080 times

Re: Not-the-NFL, Trump, and Kneelers

Postby exploited » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:44 am

It is kind of funny to see all of these bedrock American institutions being forced to come out against something Trump says or does... Everything from the Boy Scouts to the military to professional football organizations.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to hear America's apple pie guild come out against him soon.
User avatar
exploited
Vice President
 
Posts: 20964
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 2197 times
Been thanked: 1702 times

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron