[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Delta Variant Chickenpox/ Omicron has entered the Discussion • Page 6 • General Discussion • Political Crossfire Forums

Delta Variant Chickenpox/ Omicron has entered the Discussion

The place for general political discussion.

Re: Delta Variant - Chickenpox

Postby Winchester » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:37 pm

Well my sister is a bit annoying (all little sisters are), but no, I can stand her. Her MIL is, how do I say it, vile. When my sister was dating her husband he invited her and my nieces (with him and his daughters) to go to Florida for a vacation. His parents were there and they paid for a big family dinner out, except they wouldn't allow my sis and nieces to eat with the "family" and they had to stay in the hotel while everyone else had dinner together (and BIL left her there). She did break up with him for a year or so after that, but whatever they got back together and got married. This is just one incident among many. They viewed their son's second marriage as living in sin as he had a Catholic wedding the first go round and they didn't recognize the divorce.

As far as said BIL's mother, she's gone downhill again and is on the max oxygen they will give her before a ventilator. Next time I talk to my sister I'm going to ask her if she's changed her own personal stance on getting vaccinated.
Last edited by Winchester on Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winchester
Governor

Postby John Galt » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:41 pm

ohhhhh sorry yeah your BIL mother, got it

cafeteria catholics are so annoying, especially the fundy bunch of them. pope says get vaccinated you f**k protestants
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby John Galt » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:53 am

after i'm sure months of heavily lobbying by the same buisnesses now subject to the rule, biden finally mandates it for employers of 100+ employees. i think this is a good rule and will stand up to legal challenges

what i'm most excited about is starting in one week hence seeing those posts of people wailing about it on social media only to earn that www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward a week later
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Kane » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:46 pm

It's just such a bizarre time right now. Why are these people doing this to themselves? Freedom? From what?

I just don't get it. And the GOP is traitorous.
Kane
Vice President

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby Kane » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:23 pm

Kane
Vice President

Postby John Galt » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:56 pm

scotus has upheld vaccine mandates (which this actually isn't) and osha
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Kane » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:26 am

Was it this 6-3 court?
Kane
Vice President

Postby John Galt » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:28 pm

Real liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual person to use his own, whether in respect of his person or his property, regardless of the injury that may be done to others.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Kane » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:55 pm

That sounds nice and all but we don't exist in that world anymore. Look at what SCOTUS just did with the shadow docket in Texas.

The Missouri case will save them from having to explain themselves but it will still effectively mean no federal guarantee of abortion rights. Half of the states in this country are about to change and we are definitely not prepared - general population isn't in the know.
Kane
Vice President

Postby John Galt » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:37 pm

in texas the dog finally got the tail and now it doesn't know what to do; whole thing is a nightmare for the gop politically. besides they didn't even rule on it yet. ALSO seems weird as f**k for a very conservative supreme court top be against people having compulsory shit
John Galt
Technical Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion