[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Upcoming Improvements • Feedback and Help • Political Crossfire Forums

Upcoming Improvements

Comments, suggestions and general requests related to the site itself.

Upcoming Improvements

Postby uebermann » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:39 pm

These users thanked the author uebermann for the post (total 2):
PrecocityJDHURF
uebermann
Site Admin

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Re: Upcoming Improvements

Postby Kane » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:14 pm

Schweet.....
Kane
Vice President

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby Sazari » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:10 pm

Well Done Uber
**== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **== **==
Sazari
Governor

Postby The Dude » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:37 pm

Any chance we could get "eTech" skin? I've used that on PP for a long time and used to it. :ympray:
The Dude
Governor

Postby John Galt » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:59 pm

the f**k filter is worse here. f**k fix it

by this i mean... is there an option to turn it off that a user can set? i don't care if it's on for default but there ought be an option to turn it off

http://www.rmcgirr83.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1414

it's not what the user was asking for but it explains (i think) that under admin control panel, users and groups, you can choose the group, the user permissions, then post, then "can disable word censor = yes"

i suggest for all the words just put in something like *%$# for those users that have the censor on. that way, you know it's censored. but that's me.
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby uebermann » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:01 pm

uebermann
Site Admin

Postby uebermann » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:23 pm

uebermann
Site Admin

Postby John Galt » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:31 pm

i think there is a difference between using colorful language and using swear words to attack a person

there's some i never say, but i use f**k all the f**k time. i don't think it's wrong to use it. if i am okay with seeing swear words, why shouldn't i be able to? i think it's a good change to be able to turn it off.

if the contention is "whoopie" is better than "@$%!" because it takes away from reading the post, the same can be true if you're attempting to read it with "whoopie".

f**k the f**k f**k

what did i just say?

i used a verb an adjective and a noun

you don't know that, i could have just said verb the noun noun

i think it's annoying as f**k to see the filter. i'd prefer not to, and i think many others would as well. if you're dead set on having filters, i think a user option (which from what i think is baseline available functionality) would be a good thing

i'm saying ti's a user option to see other people's swears. you could swear and if the filter is on another person would still see it filtered. but they could swear, they would see it filtered, but if you had your option to not see it you would see what they actually wrote. i think the link i provided might be confusing because the person was asking for ability for certain users to swear without filters globally. i agree that's dumb and not what im asking for
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby uebermann » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:02 pm

uebermann
Site Admin

Postby Kane » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:52 am

Hey mang, what's the ETA on the stuff you're working to implement? Donation box and the avatar thing is a big one for me.

Oh, and obligatory 'Merica! **==
Kane
Vice President

Next

Return to Feedback and Help