The goal on Political Crossfire is for people from all walks of life to be able to express their opinions and discuss topics from local to global, regardless of their political background. At times, tempers may flare and words exchange, so we have some rules to go by and hopefully keep the temperature around here well below a boil:
Common Sense and Good Manners
The definitions of these terms can be very broad, however we'll keep the definition here very simple. If you aren't sure if you should say something or not in a post, don't say it. Also, “Discuss the topic, not the poster,” is a good rule of thumb.
Moderators and Admins have the final say in any disciplinary actions. Do not publicly argue with any decision by the staff. If you want a “second opinion” on an issue you are having, you may PM another staff member and ask their opinion on the matter. Creating threads about moderator decisions is prohibited and will result in an immediate removal of the thread and possibly disciplinary actions against the offender. If you feel as though your issue has been ignored or unresolved, please contact an Admin.
Signatures and Avatars
Images for signatures and avatars may not be sexually explicit nor contain racism. If the image is extremely offensive, it may be removed by the staff immediately. Size limitations should be in place on the board already, however if an avatar or signature image is too large, the staff may ask you to re-size or remove it. Links in the signature may not be used to advertise other political forums and will be removed by staff.
Signatures can be no more than 255 characters and image sizes no larger than 400x200. Avatars can be no more than 64K and larger than 150x150 in size.
Do not quote other posters from this site in your signature without their permission - it is considered trolling. Also, the quote must not violate any other PCF forum rules. If you are quoted without your permission, report it.
Do not use other members avatars as your own or you will be immediately suspended and face possible banning. No exceptions.
1. No porn, no warez, no hacks, no cracks, no links to illegal downloads. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. No personal attacks or insults.
3. New thread topics must be presented with an opinion from the original poster which clearly points out what the discussion is about, a link to an article presenting the topic, and a quote from the link.
4. Quoted articles must have their sources cited, either individually or at the end of the post. Plagiarized material will be removed and the staff will take appropriate disciplinary actions.
5. Do not post in all caps.
6. No excessive trolling and no calling people out for trolling. If you think someone is trolling, use the “Report” feature on the post in question. Let site staff determine if it is trolling or not.
7. Extreme racist posts/threads are not allowed.
8. Extremist posts condemning an entire demographic such as “All <insert political party affiliation here> are morons,” is heavily discouraged and should not be used.
9. If a thread or post is locked, do not recreate it until instructed by a site admin or moderator. If you want to discuss the reasons, contact the staff member that locked it via PMs.
10. Posters are allowed ONE account on this site. If that account is suspended by site staff, DO NOT CREATE ANOTHER ACCOUNT. Failure to do this will result in an immediate ban of the new account and possibly a ban of the primary account. If you feel there was an accident or misunderstanding, you may email one of the site admins: uebermann at political-crossfire dot com or precocity at political-crossfire dot com.
*Some of these rules do not apply for the VIP Lounge. The VIP Lounge rules can be found inside that forum once you gain access.
There is no expectation of privacy while using the Chat/Shoutbox feature on this site. It is publicly available to anyone that has an account on this forum. That means they can see the messages and can do what they want with them on the internet. Basically, do not post private information in chat because we cannot be liable for information that you post in it.
Administrators reserve the right to ban any account for any reason at any time. Threatening staff with legal actions will result in an immediate ban.
Political-Crossfire.com is not responsible for content posted on this site. Site staff will remove any illegal content as it is discovered.