[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
How about automated PM's regarding receiving "likes?" • Feedback and Help • Political Crossfire Forums

How about automated PM's regarding receiving "likes?"

Comments, suggestions and general requests related to the site itself.

How about automated PM's regarding receiving "likes?"

Postby dontworrybehappy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:14 pm

On DP you would get a little message that someone liked your post and it would give you a link to the liked post and what member "liked" it. I thought it was kinda neat. Maybe they can do that here to.
"Police protection" is an oxymoron. Gun laws are like masturbation, they both feel really good, but after you're done you realize you haven't accomplished anything."
dontworrybehappy
Senator

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Re: How about automated PM's regarding receiving "likes?"

Postby Bill_in_Bethlehem » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:29 pm

that would be nice, ive been thanked 22 times now, and i only ever saw 3 of the posts with the "thanks" underneath. no idea what other 19 posts of mine were liked...
Bill_in_Bethlehem
Congressman

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby OGPhilly » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:30 pm

If you wanna know then click on the "22", its a link that will show you the posts you were thanked for.
OGPhilly
Banned
Banned

Political Leaning: Liberal

Postby jimmyz » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:18 pm

I don't get the thanked and been thanked stuff. Do people feel like they got a pat on the head or something when they get thanked? I have never thanked because it seems like I'm kissing their rear end for a post that I agree with or that brought a smile to my mug. I much prefer the "this" or "+1" or "that made me spit coffee all over my keyboard" thing. Or :-bd :YMAPPLAUSE:
jimmyz
Governor

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby OGPhilly » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:36 pm

OGPhilly
Banned
Banned

Postby Precocity » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:59 pm

The thanks feature was all uebermann's idea. When he gets back from his trip, I'm sure he'll answer your questions.
Precocity
Site Admin

Postby dontworrybehappy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:58 pm

Oh multiple forums I've been members of have had the thanks feature. It's a way of letting someone know you agree with them without making a post that quotes them and says, "Yea, what you said."

I thank people for posts that make a snappy point or a good point or make me think in a different direction.

Just an update: This feature is already available under your user control panel, after clicking on "Board Preferences."

Sorry about that, I just found it.
"Police protection" is an oxymoron. Gun laws are like masturbation, they both feel really good, but after you're done you realize you haven't accomplished anything."

These users thanked the author dontworrybehappy for the post (total 2):
Ozzoneuebermann
dontworrybehappy
Senator

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Postby OGPhilly » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:29 am

My inbox would get full way too fast if I turned that on...
OGPhilly
Banned
Banned

Postby NAB » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:23 pm

How about they just create a Daily Affirmation forum?
NAB
Governor

Postby eric » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:51 pm

idk, but I still get emails when I receive pms for likes, even though I have emails turned off.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

These users thanked the author eric for the post:
foadi
eric
Governor

Return to Feedback and Help