[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
security theater at my hockey games • The Soapbox • Political Crossfire Forums

security theater at my hockey games

Debate opinion topics of original content.

security theater at my hockey games

Postby John Galt » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:28 am

i'm getting sick of this shit

first i have to suffer going through metal detectors

i can't bring a knife to the games anymore. just a simple little pocket knife, hundreds of different uses, you never know when you need to sharpen a pencil for instance. it's just in my pocket, because it's a pocket knife. yeah i'm gonna do some real f**k damage with a 1.5 inch blade

and every time they have to search me because i only wear steel toed boots as they are comfortable and useful (toe doesn't scrunch when you shift on a motorcycle) and they are literally the only shoes i wear. so every f**k time they are patting me down and it's f**k annoying as f**k

but now they've adopted the NFL rules about bags. i try to take a woman and now she either has to show the world everything in her purse in a clear tote or she can bring a clutch like it's a black tie affair. look, women need shit in their bags. they like, bleed or something. it happens. i don't know anything about it, other than it happens. but at least me, the completely inconsiderate asshole that i am, recognize that women should have some privacy here, and this complete destruction of privacy is almost entirely aimed at women. why don't women go to sports? oh gee, i wonder why

it's theater. it doens't make us any safer. it just makes me have to stand in the cold for 20 minutes as we slowly shuffle into the game

plus, when i get there, now my team is playing like absolute ass
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Re: security theater at my hockey games

Postby NAB » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Don’t be fooled with the lede being buried. You only need to read the last sentence to get to the point of this topic.
NAB
Governor

Postby John Galt » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:17 pm

hey now

maybe i should formulate it another way: i don't want to look at women's ultra heavy days max flow maxipads. us men shouldn't have to suffer looking at that, and we're paying customers. let the women have their purses.

i really do think it is a disproportionately sexist policy, but i normally go to the game with a woman and now I have to listen to her complain. but put aside privacy issues that disporportionaly affect women. also if you wanted to, i don't know, read a book on a bus getting to the game, where you gonna put it now? or if you didn't want to advertise how much money you have and your pants don't have working pockets, you're out of luck.

you can bring an oversized annoyingly large coat full of hidden plastic bottles of alcohol still at least
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby jimmyz » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:30 pm

I get this through security in the tote you put your metallic items in. Just make sure the clip is face up with the folding money obscuring the body and closed blade.

jimmyz
Governor

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby jimmyz » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:39 pm

My women are allowed to bring in their purses at Chase Field for MLB games. They have to have them opened fully and the goons paw through it. They find my NOT $8.00 per bag salted peanuts and NOT $6.50 bottled water along with the female's sundries.
jimmyz
Governor

Postby NAB » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:20 pm

Quick question: why exactly do you need a pocket knife at a game? I mean specifically why.

I get the draconian security issue, because I’d agree, but complaining about the knife specifically seems a bit silly.

Do you whittle art from peanut shells? Are you cleaning your fingernails? Maybe you’re surgically removing opposing fans kidneys. Any of those are valid reasons, just curious what your utility need is.
NAB
Governor

Postby John Galt » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:31 pm

John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby NAB » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:36 pm

NAB
Governor

Postby jimmyz » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:48 pm

jimmyz
Governor