FBI Joint Analysis Report of Russian hacking lacks proof

Current news and it's political impact.

Re: FBI Joint Analysis Report of Russian hacking lacks proof

Postby uebermann » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:35 am

Kane wrote:
It's an ongoing investigation.

This is a two month old post but regardless, they released absolutely no information showing the Russians hacked anything. You can't make the claim that the Russians are behind the hacks then show absolutely no proof of that claim. That is, to use your terms from a couple sentences later, reckless.

I wouldn't expect much to be released publicly until it's more definitive.

Then they shouldn't be making the claims. The claims should only be made when there's proof. The FBI pulled this shit with Hillary's email too, like 1 week before the election. Completely reckless. And then it turned out "oops, nothing to see here folks."

Anything other than that would be reckless.

I'd say they are well beyond that point now. If they don't connect the dots - and soon - this is going to be nothing more than the Democrats' version of Benghazi.
uebermann
Site Admin

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby Kane » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:24 am

uebermann wrote:
Kane wrote:
It's an ongoing investigation.

This is a two month old post but regardless, they released absolutely no information showing the Russians hacked anything. You can't make the claim that the Russians are behind the hacks then show absolutely no proof of that claim. That is, to use your terms from a couple sentences later, reckless.

Eh? Don't see how. They're potentially covering hidden assets/informants. That's routine.

u wrote:
I wouldn't expect much to be released publicly until it's more definitive.

Then they shouldn't be making the claims. The claims should only be made when there's proof. The FBI pulled this shit with Hillary's email too, like 1 week before the election. Completely reckless. And then it turned out "oops, nothing to see here folks."

Honestly we're beyond the point at which this is just political theater. You now have Flynn (who has resigned for "lying to Pence"), Sessions recusing himself from investigations after giving false testimony to Congress during his appointment hearing, numerous Trump aides (page, manafort) with ongoing developments, and now several people passing on any invitation to the administration. You had a f**k navy seal say "naw" after they denied him the ability to appoint his deputies/undersecretaries.

Look, let's say this is all just a farce that's been made up. Why has everything that's been done by the Trump administration acted to only further the idea? Why haven't they come out cleanly? Why is all of this being released piecemeal? And even if this is all bullshit (Trump's financial ties are beyond highly suspect regardless of how you feel about electoral collusion) his states policies and budgets thus far have been so disastrously incompetent as to warrant letters from literal hundreds of experts in their given fields. I'm not talking written letters from liberal commies either - I'm talking David f**k Petraeus and Elliot goddamn Cohen (coincidentally - cohen was denied appointment under Tillerson via Trump admin - Bannon or Kushner).

So you know what? I see keep the pressure on either way. The policy being advocated for on their part is beyond astonishingly bad for US interests abroad.

u wrote:
Anything other than that would be reckless.

I'd say they are well beyond that point now. If they don't connect the dots - and soon - this is going to be nothing more than the Democrats' version of Benghazi.

I'm ok with that. Benghazi proved to be an effective way of mobilizing the base and preventing the admin from passing legislation. I'd like for Trump to be a good President but his policies would be disastrous. I don't want him to succeed.
Stephen Jay Gould wrote:When people learn no tools of judgment and merely follow their hopes, the seeds of political manipulation are sown.
Kane
Governor

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby ToddStarnes » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:53 am

Yeah I don't give a shit about the truth I just want to throw a ton of mud at Republicans and obstruct everything. They did it for 8 years with Obama. f**k em.

These users thanked the author ToddStarnes for the post:
Demosthenes
ToddStarnes
Senator

Postby exploited » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:57 am

The hilarious part is that the GOP is just so awful at the scandal thing. They are always blowing their load early. After eight years of effort, they only barely managed to beat the second worst candidate in American history, and they needed Russian intelligence to do it. And if it weren't for the two-term limit, they would have lost to Obama again.

What I am really liking is the resurgence of a strong leftist protest movement. People are really involved right now, and if this keeps up, I can see Trump inadvertently swinging America to the left in a more or less permanent fashion. It would have been better to avoid a Trump Presidency, but that is the bright side of it.

I was reading that Obama is going to go after gerrymandering next. If he can make real inroads there, which is unlikely but possible, his real legacy may come after his Presidency.
exploited
Vice President

Postby spacemonkey » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:01 pm

NAB wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:We were going to blame Cuba if John Glenn's flight failed, but it didn't. My guess is similar BS still goes on today.

Blow your nose so you can breath through it.

Why does reality scare you so much??
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby spacemonkey » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:01 pm

ToddStarnes wrote:Yeah I don't give a shit about the truth I just want to throw a ton of mud at Republicans and obstruct everything. They did it for 8 years with Obama. f**k em.

Most here already figured that out.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Previous

Post a reply

Quote Selected

Return to Front Page News