[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Chinese Coronavirus 2019-nCoV - Prepare for the Worst Now • Page 30 • Front Page News • Political Crossfire Forums

Chinese Coronavirus 2019-nCoV - Prepare for the Worst Now

Current news and it's political impact.

Re: Chinese Coronavirus 2019-nCoV - Prepare for the Worst No

Postby exploited » Mon May 25, 2020 1:20 pm

I still don't understand why it hasn't been made mandatory. You don't even have to target individuals, you could instead make it a requirement for opening your store or business. There is zero reason not to wear a mask and I've been saying as much to anyone who will listen.

Alot of people claim it makes it more difficult to breath but I assume that has something to do with mental retardation because I've been wearing masks for like three months now and there is no problem. Even the N95 I have is fine, if not a little uncomfortable.

If anyone wants to talk about the decline of the West as a global leader, they should start here. 66%+ of people won't even take such a basic precaution to benefit and protect themselves or their loved ones. It's insane.
exploited
Vice President

Postby John Galt » Mon May 25, 2020 7:32 pm

yeah here in minnesota there's a series of phases but only workers in restaurants are required to wear masks (which is good because those workers, who have to work with people starting june 1, are in a horrible position), the rest is left up to people or businesses. several business have required them leading to a few assaults happening, which is insane.

yes, requiring businesses to do it as a public health matter makes sense. no shirt, no shoes, no mask, no service. pretty easy

sadly my governor has been capitulating. the catholic church recently put out a statement that because they did like jesus commanded and obeyed the authorities before they no longer feel necessary to continue to do so (probably because they need to get more money coming in to pay their structured settlements for diddling boys), and decided to reopen churches at 33% capacity. the governor decided that all churches can now open... at 25%. he should also require masks, and the whole ritualized cannibalism thing should be a big no no. but of course, won't happen, and it's gonna continue to grow.

the whole thing would be turned down to a trickle if we required masks until testing showed we had reached herd immunity, or that we had a vaccine to do the same thing
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby Kane » Tue May 26, 2020 8:50 am

We'll get there after the second outbreak. I went out hiking this past Sunday - drove through placerville. Less than 25% of people were wearing masks. Entire restaurants full that clearly weren't operating at 25% - looked like 100% to me.
Kane
Vice President

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby John Galt » Tue May 26, 2020 9:02 am

i guess 100,000 dead only after largely shutting down the economy isn't a catastrophe to enough people for us to learn

Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Kane » Tue May 26, 2020 11:29 am

Kane
Vice President

Postby John Galt » Tue May 26, 2020 1:11 pm

i'm not sure exactly how antibody tests skew results. they HAD the virus, just the same as the hundreds of thousands of others HAD the virus, were tested, and recovered. they just happened to be tested after they recovered. it skews it in that it moves us towards the IFR (an estimated value of fatality rate) instead of the CFR (the actual number of fatality of cases with resolution) but on the other hand, it is still testing. what would be interesting for me to truly understand is if the antibodies are only for sars-cov-2 or for some other virus that basically inoculates against (or tests positive for antibodies for) sars-cov-2. unlikely but possible. then it actually would skew the numbers, however, it would also be important to know to help move us towards herd immunity
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Kane » Tue May 26, 2020 2:09 pm

Kane
Vice President

Postby micfranklin » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:51 am

I look forward to seeing the positive testing and hospitalization results when more and more states open up.
Asteroid Mike (my Youtube movie reviews channel)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqq4Gi ... ArjRrvauvw

My blog (also movie reviews)
http://asteroidmike.blogspot.com/
micfranklin
Senator

Postby John Galt » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:21 am

i still don't understand how it skews results. they had the rona, they just go into the recovered category. it does move us away from CFR to IFR but that's a good thing. we need to be testing everybody with antibody tests to understand the scope of the problem. i've heard of people getting antibody tests done now, which is great
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby John Galt » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:30 am

brazil f**k. 35k total dead, 35k new cases daily and rising. growth of 5% of cases daily from day before. same with india, south africa

us and uk down to 1% growth. but yeah, it could explode back up. maybe it won't though, if enough people use masks. and opening up is different between jurisdictions. my state has outdoor seating only for restaurants, at like 1/4th capacity, for example. bar near me moved their pull tabs outside, which was funny to see. hopefully these kinds of restrictions will limit the growth. massive congregations of people for protests, however valid, are probably not going to help things though.
John Galt
Technical Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Front Page News