[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
High School basketball coach shoots attackers • Gun Rights • Political Crossfire Forums

High School basketball coach shoots attackers

High School basketball coach shoots attackers

Postby Precocity » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:19 pm

Precocity
Site Admin

Re: High School basketball coach shoots attackers

Postby exploited » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:31 pm

Based on the available evidence, looks like he should be let off.
exploited
Vice President

Postby OGPhilly » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:31 pm

Why is the race of the teenage boys a "key point" for you?
OGPhilly
Banned
Banned

Political Leaning: Liberal

Postby Precocity » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:47 pm

Philly, I was simply typing it out as I reviewed the video. If your goal is to highlight only that one issue in some means to deflect or derail the thread into a racism discussion, then I will remove it so the actual topic can be discussed. Should I also remove the gender references in the event that sexism will be the next target?
Precocity
Site Admin

Postby OGPhilly » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:50 pm

I'm asking why you found it relevant enough to include in your key points. Respond however you wish.
OGPhilly
Banned
Banned

Postby Precocity » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:09 pm

Because I typically don't see a reason to remove facts in some form of political correctness.

Now back to the topic.
Precocity
Site Admin

Postby OGPhilly » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:10 pm

OGPhilly
Banned
Banned

Postby Precocity » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:25 pm

Philly, I am going to say this one time and pay heed.

I am not in the mood after what happened yesterday with The Comrade. I am not going to explain myself again why I included their race. Consider this your first and only warning to drop the race issue as I already went back and edited the OP and removed it.

Just like I warned Comrade, any further attempts on your part to push this issue further, which can easily be perceived as an attempt to derail the thread, will result in substantive action taken against you and you will have no one to blame but yourself. This is my last response to this point.

Now discuss the topic as I laid out in the OP or don't post in this thread. The choice is yours.
Precocity
Site Admin

Postby OGPhilly » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:29 pm

I think we'll have to wait for all the info to come out on this but my first reaction is that the police must have interviewed not only the coach but also the two girls and I wouldn't imagine they'd all fabricate or distort the situation, so I think this is almost certainly a case of self defense.

PS: how dare you call me "Indy"
Last edited by OGPhilly on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OGPhilly
Banned
Banned

Postby RoyBatty » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:00 pm

This is funny. I just finished reading an article over at Huffington Poo wherein the author claimed Gayle Trotters testimony that "women have the right to use guns as force equalizers" was ridiculous. So now it's apparently ridiculous even to assume the common sense that guns have preventative merit or force equalization effect at all.

And low and behold this story comes up to fly in the face of such willful ignorance and show with a real-world example that guns have a fundamental utilitarian purpose to the weaker among us. I'll bet dollars to donuts this barely reaches a mainstream news cycle, unless it's to demonize the coach for shooting 2 rat-bastards trying to rob and assault him.

My opinion is: straight up, the guy should not be charged for anything. His actions were justifiable. It IS a shame one of the kids was permanently cancelled, but bottom line is it was only due to the imposition of aggressive and illegal behavior. The blame should rest solely on the perpetrator, not the man defending himself and the girls.

My gripe is only that these stories are so quickly buried behind anti-gun rhetoric that has the momentum of elitist might and a thoroughly compromised media. And that media sway has been amping up on cue lately, now that Obama left on his country-wide tour to promote his version of Utopia to the unwashed masses, starting in Minnesota(?) today I think. I truly hope that the NRA has the might and savvy to withstand the PR machine that is Obama.
RoyBatty
Mayor

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Next

Return to Gun Rights