[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
PoS's Gun Review: Saiga-12 • Gun Rights • Political Crossfire Forums

PoS's Gun Review: Saiga-12

PoS's Gun Review: Saiga-12

Postby PoS » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:00 am

PROS:
- Semi auto allows a massive rate of fire
- Magazine fed for rapid reloading
- Lots of parts and accessories in the market

CONS:
- Hard to place magazine with closed bolt
- Factory stock next to useless
- Handgrip thin and rough

BASICS
The Saiga-12 is essentially an AK-47 adapted to fire 12 gauge shotgun shells. This combines the massive firepower and spread of a shotgun (if youre using buckshot) along with the reliability/dependability of the AK-47 upon which its based on. Since its fed via a magazine then theoretically it allows for much faster reloading than a traditional tube fed shotgun.

WHAT I DID
I got a Saiga-12C which is the long barrel version and essentially had a gunsmith chop it down to about 2 inch barrel from the foregrip. I might also change the pistol grip to a more comfortable one as well as get a new, recoil absorbing stock. I'll definitely be getting much larger capacity magazines as well.

RANGE EXPERIENCE
With the factory stock (which happens to be plastic and has an all metal buttpad) I actually bruised my shoulder after firing 50 rounds, damn thing has got a kick- probably due to the fact that the stock was just a basic POS (pardon the pun) with no recoil capabilities (and it wasnt comfortable either) at all. The shooting however was near flawless, I used 12 gauge 00-buck and did not have a single FTF and was able to empty the factory issued 5 round magazine in under 2 seconds. No need to aim with buckshot as I literally tore the paper target to shreds- just point and shoot and see things disintegrate before your eyes!

OVERALL
I think this will be a superb home defense weapon, it can lay out a massive amount of lead balls in a very short time and can be reloaded fairly quickly. It does need time to break in though as well as a lot of modifications, namely to the stock, barrel, grip and others. All I need now is my flamethrower... :ympeace:

PoS
Governor

Political Leaning: Fascist Libertarian

Re: PoS's Gun Review: Saiga-12

Postby jimmyz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:11 pm

looks like you took my advice to go with a shotty for home defense. Good choice.

Here's your flame thrower -
http://www.firequest.com/G12-013.html
jimmyz
Governor

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby PoS » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:17 am

PoS
Governor

Postby jimmyz » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:00 am

jimmyz
Governor

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby PoS » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:47 pm

Judging from the receiver to the barrel it looks to be between 10-11 inches. No rules for barrel length here, though military weapons are restricted to law enforcement and military, special foreigner permits get issued but only about a dozen per year, thankfully I got the government contacts to make proper arrangements for me. ;)

However I think I cut the barrel too short, its starting to have cycling problems so Im working with a gunsmith about the gas tube. :(

EDIT: We got it working fine by enlarging the holes in the gas port and replacing the recoil spring. Now it fires anything! \m/

But now I got another problem, it seems that the US export version is different in regards to the rear stock so I wont be able to use any custom built US stocks for it. :ymsigh:

PoS
Governor

Return to Gun Rights