Star Talk!

Star Talk!

Postby eric » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:17 pm

Looks like black science man is finally getting an actual TV Show.

I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with Star Talk Radio podcast, but it's quite excellent.

Apparently he will be getting his own actual show :)

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/neil-degras ... talk-show/

Neil deGrasse Tyson is venturing into late-night television.

The astrophysicist has landed a TV show on National Geographic Channel called "Star Talk" -- based on his popular podcast.

The TV gig comes on the heels of Tyson's work on the TV mini-series "Cosmos: Spacetime Odyssey."

"Cosmos allowed us to share the awesome power of the universe with a global audience in ways that we never thought possible," Tyson said in a statement. "To be able to continue to spread wonder and excitement through Star Talk, which is a true passion project for me, is beyond exciting. And National Geographic Channel is the perfect home as we continue to explore the universe."

Set to premiere in April, "Star Talk" will explore a various cosmic topics -- from space travel and extraterrestrial life to the environment. It will include interviews with comedians, scientists and celebrities, too.

The weekly series will tape before a live studio audience from the American Museum of Natural History's Hayden Planetarium in New York.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."
eric
Governor

Re: Star Talk!

Postby Saz » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:28 pm

Didn't he already have a show?
Pun intended for the plebes on here who don't get a joke
Saz
Governor

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby eric » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:33 pm

He did Cosmos. But this is a talk show.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."
eric
Governor

Postby exploited » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:38 pm

It's really exciting that people's interest in sciences has developed to this point. I'm looking forward to hearing from his guests.
exploited
Vice President

Postby eric » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:51 pm

Yeah definitely. He's had some great people on the podcast since the time I began listening. It's really fantastic that there are people out there who are interested in science. We need more of these types of shows instead of a lot of bullshit that's on TV now.

These users thanked the author eric for the post:
exploited
eric
Governor

Postby exploited » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:55 pm

Agreed. It might even get me to pay for cable again. After what happened to the History channel, I swore it off.
exploited
Vice President

Postby Professor » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:02 pm

exploited wrote:It's really exciting that people's interest in sciences has developed to this point. I'm looking forward to hearing from his guests.

I hope we can get some good shows back on TLC and Discovery. Used to be I could watch Discovery for cool shows. Then it went all "some guy toughing it out in the wilderness (with a modern camera crew and a car)" and everything moved to TLC. Then TLC went all "real life (ie: totally scripted) story of some whiny bitch and her parents". Now everything is over on the Science channel. And even they had a reality show on the other day.
Professor
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby spacemonkey » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:09 pm

Mr. Tyson is a good communicator.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Return to Science/Tech