[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Surface on Sale • Science/Tech • Political Crossfire Forums

Surface on Sale

Surface on Sale

Postby eric » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:41 am

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."
eric
Governor

Re: Surface on Sale

Postby Winchester » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:32 pm

Had even heard of this before. Microsoft needs to do better marketing.
Winchester
Governor

Postby fstarcstar » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:19 pm

I want to get the Surface Pro that comes out in January. Im not interested in Windows RT honestly, although I wouldn't mind getting one.
fstarcstar
Governor

Postby exploited » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:51 am

Protip: App and game developers have called the OS a disaster, and based on the little I've seen, I'd have to agree with them. It is probably wiser to invest in a more proven platform, like Android, or even Apple.
exploited
Vice President

Postby Spider » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:26 am

Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby fstarcstar » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:45 am

fstarcstar
Governor

Postby Spider » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:53 am

Ya, I'm actually looking forward to a lot of Win8 tablet stuff. I've been using an ipad for a while now, and its ok....but damn. It feels claustrophobic. Can't say I like Apples ecosystem. Theres just a lot of missing customizability.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Postby fstarcstar » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:18 am

Unfortunately, MS is going the same route of Apple. I mean, I wish I could just customize my background behind the tiles. Even if it messes with the tiles, who cares if I want to mess up my own background. Small things like that frustrate me when it comes to customizability.

My ideal setup atm would love to be able to have one device that can do everything I need. I would love to have a powerful tablet/convertible that I could dock at home to multiple monitors and do my daily tasks, then undock it when I need to leave and be able to use it as a tablet or laptop on the go. Might be a bit of time before Im able to do that tho. Im really hoping the MS Surface Pro has the ability to be upgraded in terms of processors or ram because I want one powerful device, not an expensive paperweight.

The one thing Im missing right now is the potential for the 7 inch form factor for Windows 8. I really like the size of the Blackberry playbook, Nexus, Kindle Fire etc but Windows 8 doesn't look to ever breach out to that form factor. Even tho they have formed a group with Barnes and Noble to help integrate the Nook into the MS services Im still not seeing a near future for a 7 inch form factor. The only rumor that has MS with a 7 inch tablet was in an xbox leak stating it had a 7 inch tablet to go with the newest Xbox sometime in 2014. O well.
fstarcstar
Governor

Postby Spider » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Ya, 7 inch really is the sweet spot. The ipad for example...just too big. Now that jobs is dead they can go ahead and do a 7 inch ipad.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Postby phosphide » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:00 pm

I assume Win8 will have remote desktop support yes? If so, then I think any tablet that can remote desktop will work well enough. I use my Playbook to rdp into my Vista machine and works good. I can ssh into my linux machine was well, though I generally don't.
We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will yet swell the chorus when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.
- Abraham Lincoln
phosphide
Senator

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Next

Return to Science/Tech