[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Mexican restaurant targeted by baseless lawsuit • Society • Political Crossfire Forums

Mexican restaurant targeted by baseless lawsuit

Mexican restaurant targeted by baseless lawsuit

Postby Daktoria » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:41 pm

http://www.facesoflawsuitabuse.org/2011 ... s-lawsuit/

...yet more evidence of the elitism of the current legal system. Social contracts are not implicit. People shouldn't have to pay bundles of money to afford legal representation. They should be educated on the entire social contract by default before being graduated into adulthood and expected to uphold the rule of law.

I guess this particular instant is also evidence of the facade of multiculturalism. People say they want to embrace foreign cultures for the sake of a diversely exciting melting pot, but in reality, they just want people to pity and look down upon who suffer out of exposed desperation.

This shouldn't be a surprise. After all, the Lockean implicit social contract comes from the same liberal Protestant tradition which encouraged the progressive social gospel.
If I thank you, you'll have 72 hours to find something I say to thank me back.

Otherwise, it will be removed. I don't like snobs with bad manners who try to become internet celebrities.
Daktoria
Mayor

Political Leaning: Conservative

Re: Mexican restaurant targeted by baseless lawsuit

Postby The Dharma Bum » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:27 pm

Seems more like a case of lawsuit abuse by a specific individual that was targeting hispanic businesses in that town. The article says he filed over 500 lawsuits.

Not seeing any support for your position in this story.
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby Daktoria » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:54 pm

If the restaurant owners and townspeople were legally literate, then they could charge him with abuse of process instead of enduring the lawsuits.

Otherwise, it will be removed. I don't like snobs with bad manners who try to become internet celebrities.
Daktoria
Mayor

Postby Enoch » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:02 pm

Sadly, ADA lawsuits are a big business in California. This is what happens when states allow people to sue individual business for ADA "damages."
Enoch
Mayor

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Postby OGPhilly » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:08 pm

Why do you hate the handicapped?
OGPhilly
Banned
Banned

Political Leaning: Liberal

Postby foadi » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:17 pm

ADA laws are pretty weird. a friend of mine and i went to see the dark knight rises a month back at the midnight showing the first day it came out. showed up kind of late so not surprisingly, all the seats were taken so he took the disabled seat and i sat next to him. a few mins later an employee approached us and demanded that we move cuz a disabled person might need it. my friend lifted up his stub (most of his arm was blown off years back) and said "i am disabled jackass" or something to that effect. the movie theatre employee then apologized profusely for asking us to move and even offered reimbursement for the inconvenience he might have caused.

i dunno, the way they treated him after they realized he was (partially) disabled didnt really sit right with me. are businesses so scared of ADA laws that they'll do crap like that? while my friend is unable to perform some jobs because of his arm, it doesn't have much impact on his life, he can still do most things. doesn't need dumb laws like this to protect him.
foadi
Congressman

Political Leaning: Anarchist

Postby Enoch » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:22 pm

These users thanked the author Enoch for the post:
foadi
Enoch
Mayor

Postby Daktoria » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:04 pm

These users thanked the author Daktoria for the post:
foadi
Daktoria
Mayor

Postby jurupa » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:41 pm

These users thanked the author jurupa for the post:
foadi
jurupa
Mayor