[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Dune • Page 2 • The Lounge • Political Crossfire Forums

Dune

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Re: Dune

Postby John Galt » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:01 pm

so i finally saw this in the theater. i had seen it several times, I love this movie. the rerelease in the theater was fantastic. matinee showing on a friday. no children to worry about. glorious.

i also have march 1st tickets for 1030 AM showing for Dune Pt 2 lined up
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby John Galt » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:04 pm

Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby John Galt » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:08 am

Part 2 was a great disappointment for me

I am not even sure where to begin but every time I think about this movie I start getting more upset about it as there's something else to gripe about.

it wasn't just the plot they f**k up, but also even the acting. and it wasn't just the massive miscast of Walken saying things like "BARE ehn", I also thought a lot of the lines were weirdly given especially by Florence Pugh

but like... last movie, part one, which was amazing... the Bene Gesserit were telling Baron Harkonnen that he couldn't harm Jessica nor Paul, they were under their protection. the missonaria proctiva had "paved the way" for them". in this movie, lol, just kidding, we wanted to exterminate the entire Atredies line, we're behind everything even though last movie we made it a big thing IN SECRET about not exterminating them. also we have bene gesserit spies in the south of arrakis where no one believes anyone can live, somehow?

Giaus Helen Mohaiom calling Paul an "abomination" was an abomination. it's insane that the end result of their breeding program would be viewed that way, it was always Alia. now, not having a murderous psychopathic toddler might be reasonable thing, but they didn't need to call Paul an abomination.

Chani's character they just destroyed entirely.

The space guild being forgotten they exist when they are the puppetmasters of the emperor was jarring. And then the grreat houses immediately go to war with the Paul, making the whole political marriage to Irsulan pointless except to piss off Chani because Paul is like f**k Zendaya I already had that I want Pugh, and then Paul immediately sends a bunch of sand people on interstellar ships to go fight the great houses

the shggydog story about Feyd Rautha... i mean, why even bother with it (other than being cinematographic of course, it was the best part of the movie for that)? you inverted the plot, and then didn't even get to the intrigue. oh and now the gom jabbar is being used on other men, and they are surviving?

justice for thurfir, where are you? oh instead of mentants have a bunch of morons that someone just kills repeatedly?
John Galt
Technical Admin

Previous

Return to The Lounge