[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
GoT • Page 4 • The Lounge • Political Crossfire Forums

GoT

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Re: GoT

Postby John Galt » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:43 pm

Wrong. right now I'm reading a history of the thirty years war
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby Spider » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:30 am

Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby John Galt » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:20 am

i was trying to play up this idea that i am autistic, spider, keep up

i am not that big of a fan of alt-history, especially when it's like "crazy southerners go back in time and show the backwards europeans the what-for!" but to each their own.

back to WHY IT MATTERS, yeah the olena thing was just a meme. however, it's important to note because her plans in the show WERE ALL SHIT yet somehow she is depicted to be the OG

her plan to murder joffery by teaming up with littlefinger, to give poison to a drunk man, to give to a little girl surreptitiously, to then use poison on the king herself? lol. lololol. i mean just think about it. in the books littlefinger claims that she was in on it,but littlefinger claims a lot of stuff, and he's only talking to sansa. while olena certainly has motive to kill joffery, littlefinger has none except oh "chaos is a ladder" bullshit. instead, he was trying to kill tyrion. he has many, many reasons to kill tyrion. tyrion knows about the knife that littlefinger used to try to start a war between the lannisters and starks (oh and he was successful), tyrion falsely promised him harrenhall which he is obsessed with, tyrion also is married to the woman he is obsessed with

so back to OG Olena

and what else did she do? oh she did nothing while her children were imprisoned and was out maneuvered by an old man and his child pawn

and this whole teaming up with the dragon queen, how well did that end? apparently her house that had Loras Tyrell, the best lance in the seven kingdoms, the house that saved Kings Landing from Stannis, they aren't a house of fighters. oh well. guess that means that's why you just get caught unawares from armies marching hundreds of leagues and immediately surrendered the seige. yeah i mean i get they are trying to save money on actors by only having seven episodes so they don't have time for exposition, but they could have said tarly was a genius and that's why they won. but no. queen of thorns has shit troops and a shit house and shit plans.
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby John Galt » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:55 am

episode 4 leaked today

jaime lannister. it doesn't matter if you're a king or a queen, he's fine with slaying you

speaking of jaime, he's one of the most honorable men in this entire shitshow, but in the show the redemption arc has been removed. this one wonders if there is a cersei pregnancy arc to end this
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Spider » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:38 pm

Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby John Galt » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:21 pm

https://streamable.com/vshjl

LEEEEROOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYY
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby NAB » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:27 pm

Hate the show for it's going rouge on the books, but that episode was the best so far imho.

It was worth it just for that one scene where the dragon strafed the wagon train. Reminded me of a scene from many Vietnam flicks where they call in a napalm strike.

Arya's scene with Brienne was pretty solid. Did Littlefinger get added to her list with that look? :))

NAB
Governor

Postby John Galt » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:31 pm

Dany: they have the food that will feed my army!
*Sees food*
Dany: dracarys

She's the worst. I was rooting for Jaime the whole time even though I knew her plot armor is too strong and well, I'd already seen the episode

Bronn deserves 2 castles. Shame he can't be in any scene with cersei (she hates him IRL because they used to be lovers and it did not end well) because then he could save all the Lannisters. Pay those debts
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby NAB » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:35 pm

NAB
Governor

Postby John Galt » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:50 pm

Yeah they were caught in the open so she didn't have to harrenhall it

Speaking of, in the show littlefinger and Arya were both at harrenhall. I wonder if he will mention it

So the knife... I know that in the books both Jaime and Tyrion think independently that joffery tried to kill bran, but they think these things for opposite reasons. Tyrion had a bunch of circular logic about joff being cruel and stupid, and Jaime because he was trying to impress his father by showing a"Mercy". But neither are these are correct. Littlefinger sent the knife: he wanted the war. He killed Lord Arryn to begin with, and had lysa pen the letter to Catelyn. I wonder if the show will explain this. However, Arya is Def gonna kill some others with that blade now.

It's pretty cool that Arya has gone full traditional RPG rogue. Duel wielding, disguise, and subtelty. So we got a rogue, a wizard, a paladin, and Sandra.

The sword fight with brienne was refreshing in that it was so much faster than dumbshit Jon fights. Long swords only weigh around 4 pounds and fights should be extremely fast. Arya went for the hands, something Jon never does. It was so much better.

Arya also trying to blend in with non psychopaths is interesting. People root for her but the only path for her redemption is self sacrifice. Like Jaime.

Solid episode. Entertaining, and not terrible plot points.
John Galt
Technical Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge