[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi • Page 8 • The Lounge • Political Crossfire Forums

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Re: Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

Postby John Galt » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:12 pm

honestly it's why i don't watch many movies. last movie i saw in the theater was dunkirk, and that was a phenomenal experience. i did see some movies on netflix recently

Hateful 8: Tarintino's worst film. 2/10
Captian America: Civil War: I try to like marvel movies, and so i watch them. in this case i needed something to keep me occupied while my venison pie slow cooked in the oven until 3am. 3/10
London Has Fallen: 4.01/10. better than the most recent star wars, anyway.

oh i did also see Lego Batman in the theater this past year now that i think of it. 7/10, not as good as the other Lego but still pretty good
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby micfranklin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:13 pm

I go into Star Wars movies now with the belief that they've saved the best movies for the end of the year. As of now I can't say that with 100% certainty for TLJ, because I need to experience it again and try to gain another perspective.

I do wanna say that for all the shit this film has gotten for one reason or another, let's not forget that we dealt with forced romances, boring political talks, trade routes, racial stereotypes, stale acting and other nonsense in the prequels.
Asteroid Mike (my Youtube movie reviews channel)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqq4Gi ... ArjRrvauvw

My blog (also movie reviews)
http://asteroidmike.blogspot.com/
micfranklin
Senator

Postby fstarcstar » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:01 pm

fstarcstar
Governor

Postby uebermann » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:51 pm

uebermann
Site Admin

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby John Galt » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:03 pm

i thought what was wrong with it was abrams wasn't involved. he merely produced. he wrote and directed The Force Awakens, and will wrote and direct the next one, but some other guy wrote and directed this one

also i love how fstar you literlalyl listed off everything that happened in the movie and how it was bad, and didn't list off one thing in the movie as good, and said it was more enjoyable than TFA
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby Winchester » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:24 pm

Well I liked it.
Winchester
Governor

Postby uebermann » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:26 pm

uebermann
Site Admin

Postby Spider » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:19 pm

But then your getting into the difference between Trek and Star Wars. Abrams is perhaps the worst thing that ever happened to Trek...and also the best thing that's happened to Star Wars. Trek is science fiction, and needs a little thought and subtlety in it. It needs to make some degree of sense. It needs to tie into the real world a bit.

Star Wars though...that's always just been a bizarro space fantasy with laser swords and sentient sasquatches and gigantic things exploding. It's big, loud, dumb, fun. And so Abrams is well suited to it.

Still haven't seen it, developed a nasty cold and don't want to be that guy rudely hacking all over everyone through the movie. But I've been braving this thread to temper my expectations...and I feel like some of you guys are taking Star Wars way too seriously. Remember. Big dumb loud fun. Its for the kids. Lets not nerd rage to death over plot holes or canon or whatever. I just wanna see cool starwarsy things. I'll pick up a bd of Dunkirk if I want a *good* movie.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby uebermann » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:20 pm

member when Star Wars had light saber fights and people using the force?
uebermann
Site Admin

Postby Kane » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:44 am

Kane
Vice President

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge