[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Merry Christmas • Page 2 • The Lounge • Political Crossfire Forums

Merry Christmas

A place to relax and talk about things besides politics.

Re: Merry Christmas

Postby spacemonkey » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:21 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS HAPPY NEW YEAR. ~o) **== ~o)
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby John Galt » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:52 pm

ahhh gee thanks guys

my family -- my immediate family -- is not dysfunctional, and i would call my immediate family very normal, high middle class (my parents home is paid off, my father is on second career after retiring as an O6, while my mother, a retired professor, tutors kids, and even does pro bono work). same with entire father's side. my mother's side... every story i've ever related had to do with them. and there's a lot of them, but this was no exception.

my sister did f**k up for a while but she's good now. she's expecting her fourth child within a week; her oldest turns 4 in two months. well, i mean she is kinda nuts, just for that (the whole getting pregnant repeatedly thing). but she's not like insane or anything like my mother's brother's and sisters (and my mother at least was for a while, if we're honest). they were all adopted, but they share the same parents who brought them up and f**k them up. i mean, my grandfather -- whom i have one picture with -- my mother didn't even tell him he had two granddaughters because YEAH whatever you think, probably. my dad's side? totally normal. he had blue class parents -- grandma Galt was a goddamn saint who couldn't cook but who was in the military as an officer got her graduate degree before most people get their bachelors and ended up teaching a bunch of goddamn kids at high school, while grandpa Galt was a train engineer. my mom's parent's? well the aforementioned grandfather was a chemical engineer and very well off and ended up just f**k up all those kids. drugs, divorces, poverty, homelessness, seething anger. yeah. whole side is f**k.

anyway, ,y uncle had a fundamental misunderstanding of what net neutrality is and he refuses to listen to anyone else as he is an angry narcissist. so whatever i said didn't really matter, he wanted to talk about how its easier to talk to netflix to raise rates than individual customers... i only brought it up because he said google has "an agenda" and he's not a fan of government regulation but "they should be regulated". basically -- regulate anyone whom he doesn't like. he's probably friends with DJTJr. it's basically like that

also cryptocurriencies are going to collapse. i hope you all got in and out while the getting was good. they are the future, as bubbles pave the wave for that, but these earlier adoptions? get out or lose it all i think
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby Winchester » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:29 am

We had a strange Christmas. My Ex-BIL came and hung out with our family, he came to my sisters house (his Ex) on Christmas Eve and then spent Christmas day with us at my parents house. The guy is off and stalked the shit out my sister while they were separated and several years after the divorce. It was real bad. My sister even believes he is the one who shot a hole through one of her windows after she got married again. Anywho my nieces who were kept sheltered from this psycho behavior so as to not ruin their relationship with their dad felt bad for him because he was alone for Christmas invited the f**k and he actually came and acted like nothing was off about it.

What's even worse my current BIL (who I don't overly care for either) was gone. His dad got diagnosed with pancreatic cancer the week before Christmas and they have tests and biopsies scheduled for this week so he went to be with him, doesn't look good as the cancer has spread and is in his liver.

To add an even weirder twist my ex BIL's dad died on 12/21 and his parents live an hour away. Did he go spend Christmas with his widowed mother, no, he spent it with us who can't stand the guy. The whole weekend I kept thinking WTF are you even doing here. And could my sister tell her daughters (who are 19 and 17) no, that probably isn't a good idea. f**k no, Jesus.
Winchester
Governor

Postby Kane » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:54 pm

Sounds...definitely strange. Wow. Did you walk around with a holster on and a .45 by your side?

Sucks about the pancreatic cancer. First christmas without my dad - definitely sad. Pancreatic cancer sucks donkey dick.,
Kane
Vice President

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby spacemonkey » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:50 pm

ATLEAST NEW YEARS :ymparty: IS EASY, POP THE CORK, DRAIN THE BOTTLE. REPEAT IF NECESSARY. the story gets bigger with each bottle drained.
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby Winchester » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:33 pm

Winchester
Governor

Previous

Return to The Lounge