[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
I can't handle anymore! • General Discussion • Political Crossfire Forums

I can't handle anymore!

The place for general political discussion.

I can't handle anymore!

Postby Corrog » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:47 am

I've finally lost it. I'm off my rocker. This government and everything it stands for is a joke, and has been for a while.

Every administration that takes office does the same thing; fight the other side. Politicians on either side aren't picked by their party for intelligence, character, or any other meaningful denominator. They're picked according to how likable they are, and how many voters they're likely to bring in. And if elected, their primary job is to fight off the next guy.

What's the d*** point?!? Nothing changes, nothing matters. Every administration screws the little guys. Every d*** one!

And US? The so-called informed voters, the forced majority that decides everything? We're the most guilty of the bunch. We don't vote for progress, or vote for what's right. We vote for our own best interests. Ask around, it's all anyone can talk about on either side. "I voted for Obama because he said he'd give me free health care." "I voted for Romney because he said he'll repeal Obamacare." Etc, etc.

What happened to demanding more from our politicians? What happened to insisting that the person RUNNING OUR COUNTRY have enough intelligence to debate an informed audience adequately? What happened to caring if your leaders are liars? Really caring, not getting offended until Real Housewives comes back on.

Are we really all just sheep, uncaringly following the leader, even though he's just leading us to the slaughterhouse? At what point do we stop, and ACTIVELY work on fixing the problems?

The real problems in this country aren't abortion, gay rights, economy, or even uniting the people. The real problems are the crisis of leadership, the disconnect between the folks in Washington and the citizens, and the super-sized attention we adorn the celebrities with. I'll eat dirt when Washington announces a candidate that platforms their campaign on fixing those issues. Thankfully for my fervent desire not to eat dirt, that's not in danger of happening.

In short, folks, what are we doing? We built this website, and countless others, to discuss the topics we've been spoon-fed by Washington. We debate, occasionally violently, one another on issues that are trivial in comparison, yet whimper at the thought of fighting these issues.

I say, with this next election, we should start an Occupy Washington movement, and let them know we have had enough of the same old crap. It's time for a vote of no confidence in Republicans and Democrats.
Corrog

Political Leaning: Slightly Conservative

Re: I can't handle anymore!

Postby Mr. Shaman » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:13 am

Mr. Shaman
Senator

Political Leaning: Progressive

Postby Southern Dad » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:53 am

Southern Dad
Senator

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby Mr. Shaman » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:23 am

Mr. Shaman
Senator

Political Leaning: Progressive

Postby eric » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:00 pm

Hey welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here! I agree with you that the government is acting pretty crazy and serious changes need to be made. Hopefully we can make them!
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."
eric
Governor

Return to General Discussion