[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
2020 Election • Page 4 • General Discussion • Political Crossfire Forums

2020 Election

The place for general political discussion.

Re: 2020 Election

Postby Spider » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:29 pm

Waiting to see the flip out when mail in votes get added on towards the end, turning states that trump had tweeted about having "won" in the days (or weeks, god forbid) following election night. Hopefully nobody starts shooting.

Or, maybe it goes the other way and this massive pile of trumpkins showing up in person today and tomorrow wins the day. I'm glad your optimistic, Galt. But I have zero faith in the polls. As I said before, I will be seriously shocked to see Biden win places like Georgia or Florida. The fact that the pollsters were seriously suggesting Texas as a Biden pickup tells me the pollsters are living on a different planet. All it takes to remind me of the urban/rural divide is a spin in Eastern Oregon, where they are literally spelling out trump's name in hay bails on a gigantic scale...carving TRUMP into wheat fields with harvesters. (And this from people who have been directly screwed by trump's tariffs, no less)
Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby Kane » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:10 pm

I'll believe it when I see it. Support for Trump is huge in the country side - rural oregon and washington is insanely pro Trump. Trucks with flags and emergency lights going up and down highway 5. Saw a huge farm with a massive Trump painting on the top of a barn.

I saw a lot of trump supporters in port angeles but there were also a lot of biden supporters - biden supporters seem to be less in your face in day to day interactions/sightings.

Nate Silver has the race leaning more towards biden - by tomorrow it may be a 1 in 10 chance Trump wins.
Kane
Vice President

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby John Galt » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:45 pm

the polls are wrong, but they are too conservative because they didn't want to be burned again. but trump had much better odds in 2016, even though the polls are more conservative now and I think the gap will be wider than the polls indicate. the economist says of all plausible outcomes, 4% of the time trump wins. the thing is, there is no such thing as a shy trump supporter. there was in 2016, but not 2020. 2020 they are making their views known. and the whole point is actual intimidation. it's f**k insane. but that means there's no "silent majority" that they think they have. they are the obnoxiously loud minority

they are a minority and they will be repudiated. i have no doubt there will be violence; something like The Troubles is coming to america, but hopefully not like Syria (trump's approval of paramilitary action is very concerning but he may lose so badly he'll flee the country). but i also have confidence that we will root it out. the is is the start of decades of Democratic rule because the republicans have shown themselves incapable of rising to the occasion. they may have some influence in the senate, but it will wane. and frankly, in order to get covid relief to people, damn the filibuster to hell. the republicans already have outsized influence in the senate why even allow it to have more; schumer needs to go Full Constitutional Option
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby exploited » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:22 am

I bought beer and have let various professional associates know that I will not be working much today or tomorrow.
exploited
Vice President

Postby Kane » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:09 pm

I have the week off and will likely be up late tonight.
Kane
Vice President

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby John Galt » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:54 pm

Well I have a newborn so I'd be up anyway and also not working. It's gonna be good. Well, there will be blood but the vote is going to repudiate the reptiles
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby John Galt » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:55 pm

I love the quote from the Oregon governor "political violence will not be tolerated, not from the left, not from the right, and not from the center"

Who are these Militant Centrists
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby exploited » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:49 pm

Must be talking about Winchester.
exploited
Vice President

Postby John Galt » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:11 pm

If the f**k Latinos f**k us on this they deserve the cages. What the f**k Miami
John Galt
Technical Admin

Postby Spider » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:47 pm

lol Biden winning Florida. Never a realistic thing.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion