[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Rubicon • Page 5 • General Discussion • Political Crossfire Forums

Rubicon

The place for general political discussion.

Re: Rubicon

Postby John Galt » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:22 am

you think they will likely take the senate? my brother in christ, what are you smoking

i think Democrats take both houses

Nobody f**k with a Biden

Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby exploited » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:00 pm

The GOP won't take the Senate.

The House is likely but that may change if Biden keeps on doing rad shit, like pardoning federal marijuana possession charges and getting it rescheduled.
exploited
Vice President

Postby Eternal » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:13 am

Regardless of whether the Dems keep the senate or not without the house they, and America for that matter, are screwed.

Reps in the house means goodbye to any Jan 6 investigations, and hello to non stop Biden investigations (both dad and son). Reps will have a field day.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not wanting this to happen. It should also be stated that this rise in fascism isn't limited to the US it's happening globally. Just seems that the Dems and the Reps are not doing a good job of containing it.
"The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge" - Bertrand Russell
Eternal
Council Member

Political Leaning: Progressive

Postby John Galt » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:54 am

yes dark brandon going dank is pretty amazing, and we'll see what else he has in store. probably eating ice cream in aviators menacingly, among other things

but I stand by what I earlier have said. I think the polls are very wrong. I thought the polls were wrong in 2016 too. but this time, the polls are wrong because of Roe overturning. people do be mad, and i think the dems will anywhere from hold to pick up 12 in the house, judging by polls. if this happens, and since there is no just nor caring god there is a possibility it won't, i think they have two years to save america and frankly the world with massive fundamental reforms. the global rise of fascism will stop and retreat if the US gets its shit together. if it doesn't, well, we're all kind of f**k
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby Kane » Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:02 pm

We'll see - it's concerning how much the price of gas is impacting the trajectory of polls right now.
Kane
Vice President

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby uebermann » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:38 pm

uebermann
Site Admin

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby Eternal » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:01 am

Eternal
Council Member

Postby Kane » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:50 am

I am watching what’s unfolding in the UK right now with absolute awe. Ironically this will actually further erode market sentiment about the UK government and word on the street is that Truss is next.

Just stunning and an unmitigated disaster for the conservatives.
Kane
Vice President

Postby Eternal » Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:48 am

I'm no economic expert, but Brexit has to be contributing to Britains woeful economic recovery. It doesn't have a large resources or manufacturing sector and it ceded its role as Europe's financial hub when it enacted Brexit.

Oh well, I guess Australia can now look forward to a large influx of pommy immigrants.
Eternal
Council Member

Postby Kane » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:18 pm

Europe as a whole is going to be struggling for some time now. Next year might be more challenging without any chance of a reserve building from Russia. I want to think the market can correct for this by then but...I don't know.
Kane
Vice President

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion