[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Education Subforum • Feedback and Help • Political Crossfire Forums

Education Subforum

Comments, suggestions and general requests related to the site itself.

Education Subforum

Postby J.K. Gregg » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:56 pm

I know the staff want to keep the subforums to a minimum to minimize a lengthy index, so I'm proposing we eliminate a subforum to make room for another. The two that get the least traffic at present are Economics and Abortion. Economics is a pretty complicated topic, and when we get a larger audience, we might get more people interested in getting into the weeds with economics. Abortion however isn't all that complex comparability. I can see it being easily absorbed into the Society subforum, whereas Economics couldn't be easily absorbed by anything else.

The subforum I'd like to replace the Abortion subforum with is Education. We have a few teachers here that have brought up some legitimate topics in the lounge. We also have plenty of posters who are students or graduates, and some with children, young and old, who I'm sure are going through the public education system as we speak. Whereas the Abortion subforum is limited in scope, an Education subforum could span early childhood education, homeschooling, private schools, charter schools, higher education, education financing, and any sort of new changes made by the government in the next 4 years.

I say abort the abortion forum and replace it with something a little more versatile. What say yee?
Objectivist, IT professional, news junkie, geek, and husband. Formally known by Tetracide. I do the twitter @jk_gregg.

You're wrong until proven correct.
J.K. Gregg
Senator

Political Leaning: Objectivist

Re: Education Subforum

Postby Darkhorse » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:02 pm

I don't think Education warrants it's own sub-forum. What is wrong with posting education topics in the society forum? We should be getting rid of sub-forums, not making more.
Darkhorse
Governor

Postby J.K. Gregg » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:04 pm

Objectivist, IT professional, news junkie, geek, and husband. Formally known by Tetracide. I do the twitter @jk_gregg.

You're wrong until proven correct.
J.K. Gregg
Senator

Political Leaning: Objectivist

Postby exploited » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:22 pm

We should get rid of those sub-forums and stop there.
exploited
Vice President

Postby HeatherG » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:08 pm

I think education definitely warrants a sub forum, more so than the ones already available. They're are multiple education topics I could think of off the top of my head that I think people on this forum would respond to. It makes everything more organized in my opinion.
HeatherG
Mayor

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Postby Darkhorse » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:03 pm

Darkhorse
Governor

Postby HeatherG » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:09 am

why cant i just get my own sub forum!?
HeatherG
Mayor

Postby Precocity » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:13 am

uebermann and I will discuss this soon heather. He's kind of busy right now and there's no real rush on this.

In the meantime, feel free to start threads in the Society forum and if we decide to create a subforum, we can move the threads over when it's done.
Precocity
Site Admin

Postby HeatherG » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:30 pm

will do. im not really asking for it this second lol i can wait ;)
HeatherG
Mayor

Postby uebermann » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:42 am

Yeah I just looked and I don't see where we have the amount of education threads to warrant a sub-forum for it. Most education stuff can easily fall under society or general politics.
uebermann
Site Admin

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Next

Return to Feedback and Help