[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Weird smilie thang • Page 2 • Feedback and Help • Political Crossfire Forums

Weird smilie thang

Comments, suggestions and general requests related to the site itself.

Re: Weird smilie thang

Postby The Dharma Bum » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:05 pm

This is a screen capture of the smilie menu next to the quick reply box at the bottom of every post. The black squares flicker on and off in random patterns so it's pretty annoying, but everything seems functional.

I've had Chrome do some other weird display rendering effects and have enabled and disabled various flags in chrome://flags which has helped before but nothing seems to resolve the issue this time. Of course if you try to contact Google they never respond. I haven't seen a similar issue being reported on any of their support forums so far.

It doesn't happen in IE9 so it's definitely a local image rendering issue specific to chrome that has something to do with whatever app renders the smilies in PHP.

Whatever, it's not that big of a deal. I could uninstall and reinstall chrome but I have dozens of accounts with different passwords at various web apps I use for work and I don;t want to f**k that shit up because I have no idea what any of them are any more so I can live with it until finally gets fully corrupted and crashes and I am forced to deal with it. lol
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Re: Weird smilie thang

Postby uebermann » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:22 pm

yeah I'm not sure to be honest. I am not having that issue at all but my Chrome is a fresh install. I'll look around on the net first chance I get (ie when not on a train and not in a car) and see if I can't find anything more on it.
uebermann
Site Admin

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Previous

Return to Feedback and Help