Attention Conservatives

Debate opinion topics of original content.

Re: Attention Conservatives

Postby NAB » Mon May 23, 2016 2:05 pm

Welcome to our speak board web page
NAB
Governor

Postby Philly » Mon May 23, 2016 2:14 pm

NAB wrote:
lnrw wrote:
NAB wrote:
lnrw wrote:The only thing he did, was end the color barrier. Otherwise, squat.

That "only thing" might actually be something meaningful to some people, but I suspect you aren't in that demographic.

I mentioned what I deem his only accomplishment, because I think it's important to all demographics.

Let's be fair though, Obama has been incredibly moderate on almost all fronts (internet hyperbole aside), and that's a direct result of him being the first black president. He's already received a shitstorm his entire presidency because of his color and funny name, so can you imagine what would have happened had he even pushed through half of the policies that asshats claim he has? He wouldn't have survived his first term, literally. He's had to be very moderate and even handed purely to open the door for future presidents of color who might be a bit more aggressive. Being the first president of color has forced Obama to walk a double edged sword that he's handled politically quite well (be honest on that). For all the rhetoric sent his way, he's actually been very middle of the road on most policy fronts to try and maintain some balance. I wish he could have been more aggressive, but he paved the way for more radical presidents in the future to pair with the centuries of the occasional white nut bag president we've gotten. I'm sure the next black president will feel comfortable driving whitey nuts on merit rather than speculation.

How will Obama getting raked over the coals for enacting even moderate change encourage any future black president to be more aggressive?
Philly
Governor

Postby NAB » Mon May 23, 2016 3:22 pm

Philly wrote:
NAB wrote:
lnrw wrote:
NAB wrote:

That "only thing" might actually be something meaningful to some people, but I suspect you aren't in that demographic.

I mentioned what I deem his only accomplishment, because I think it's important to all demographics.

Let's be fair though, Obama has been incredibly moderate on almost all fronts (internet hyperbole aside), and that's a direct result of him being the first black president. He's already received a shitstorm his entire presidency because of his color and funny name, so can you imagine what would have happened had he even pushed through half of the policies that asshats claim he has? He wouldn't have survived his first term, literally. He's had to be very moderate and even handed purely to open the door for future presidents of color who might be a bit more aggressive. Being the first president of color has forced Obama to walk a double edged sword that he's handled politically quite well (be honest on that). For all the rhetoric sent his way, he's actually been very middle of the road on most policy fronts to try and maintain some balance. I wish he could have been more aggressive, but he paved the way for more radical presidents in the future to pair with the centuries of the occasional white nut bag president we've gotten. I'm sure the next black president will feel comfortable driving whitey nuts on merit rather than speculation.

How will Obama getting raked over the coals for enacting even moderate change encourage any future black president to be more aggressive?

Because the seal has been breached.

Step 1: get whitey used to the idea of a black president without making major waves
Step 2: that black president wasn't so bad in hindsight (after a term of trump or Hillary)
Step 3: next black president can stick it to an unsuspecting whitey
NAB
Governor

Postby jimmyz » Mon May 23, 2016 3:27 pm

NAB wrote:Because the seal has been breached.

Cured with the Mannlicher-Carcano fix
" I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing. All of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman.' I want a wife, not a competitor! Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)
jimmyz
Governor

Political Leaning: Conservative

Postby NAB » Mon May 23, 2016 3:28 pm

jimmyz wrote:
NAB wrote:Because the seal has been breached.

Cured with the Mannlicher-Carcano fix

Put him in coach, he's ready to play.
NAB
Governor

Postby lnrw » Mon May 23, 2016 7:52 pm

NAB wrote:
lnrw wrote:
NAB wrote:

I don't think I said anything unfair.

Lifetime member of the NRA
lnrw
Governor

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Postby spacemonkey » Wed May 25, 2016 11:20 am

Obama can't even say "radical Islamic terrorist", so how the hell is he supposed to defeat it??
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby Philly » Wed May 25, 2016 11:55 am

spacemonkey wrote:Obama can't even say "radical Islamic terrorist", so how the hell is he supposed to defeat it??

I'm sure you can say "type 2 diabetes" but that has no impact on your condition.
Philly
Governor

Postby IndependentProfessor » Wed May 25, 2016 1:09 pm

spacemonkey wrote:Obama can't even say "radical Islamic terrorist", so how the hell is he supposed to defeat it??

We also couldn't say "Gojira" properly . . . but Matthew Broderick kicked the shit outta him!
IndependentProfessor
Congressman

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Previous

Return to The Soapbox