Protests During National Anthem

Debate opinion topics of original content.

Re: Protests During National Anthem

Postby Saz » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:50 pm

exploited wrote:
IndependentProfessor wrote:Colin, and anyone else, has every right to protest during the national anthem.

However, if I were the owner of the 49ers, I would also express my legal right to cancel his contract immediately. As in, that game. Would I be sued? Yup. Would I have to pay damages? Most assuredly. Probably millions. Would it be worth it? Every penny.

Losing millions of dollars would be worth it just to make some half-retarded football player stand up during the anthem?

To be fair to Kapperdick, his wonderlick is well above average
Pun intended for the plebes on here who don't get a joke
Saz
Governor

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby NAB » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:27 pm

Saz wrote:
exploited wrote:
IndependentProfessor wrote:Colin, and anyone else, has every right to protest during the national anthem.

However, if I were the owner of the 49ers, I would also express my legal right to cancel his contract immediately. As in, that game. Would I be sued? Yup. Would I have to pay damages? Most assuredly. Probably millions. Would it be worth it? Every penny.

Losing millions of dollars would be worth it just to make some half-retarded football player stand up during the anthem?

To be fair to Kapperdick, his wonderlick is well above average

As is his fro. It's pretty damn impressive.
Welcome to our speak board web page
NAB
Governor

Postby Saz » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:46 am

Yea he actually seems like a pretty chill bro, with the fro and pet turtle and above room temperature IQ. And he did start something whether you think it's stupid or not.
Pun intended for the plebes on here who don't get a joke
Saz
Governor

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby IndependentProfessor » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:43 am

exploited wrote:

Yup.

And, I'm not doing this SOLELY because of making some symbolic stand. I'd wager that I'd make most of that money back from increased support of my team brand. For instance, change the team uniform to red, white, blue and gold for the next game, then sell the hats/shirts/etc. Promote the 49ers as being even more "Patriotic" than the "Patriots". Stuff like that.
IndependentProfessor
Congressman

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby IndependentProfessor » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:44 am

Philly wrote:

You would have to pay out the dead cap space on his contract (20 million). Keep in mind, this is not just your money, but also money against the salary cap, and quite a bit of it. You would also have to part ways with the backup QB in a CHIP KELLY HIGH OCTANE OFFENSE which runs a high number of fast paced offensive snaps.

So it would be a very stupid move for you to make. But in this scenario, you are Jed York, so it seems realistic.

It's not a decision based upon winning games. It's a business decision. And a symbolic one. People would eat it up.
IndependentProfessor
Congressman

Political Leaning: Rockefeller Republican

Postby Philly » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:58 am

IndependentProfessor wrote:
Philly wrote:

You would have to pay out the dead cap space on his contract (20 million). Keep in mind, this is not just your money, but also money against the salary cap, and quite a bit of it. You would also have to part ways with the backup QB in a CHIP KELLY HIGH OCTANE OFFENSE which runs a high number of fast paced offensive snaps.

So it would be a very stupid move for you to make. But in this scenario, you are Jed York, so it seems realistic.

It's not a decision based upon winning games. It's a business decision. And a symbolic one. People would eat it up.

They really wouldn't. NFL fans despise owners who make business decisions that aren't based on the model of putting their team in the best position to win and thereby becoming more successful businesses.
Philly
Governor

Postby spacemonkey » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:34 am

Winning and losing is part of life, losers are required to have winners. Winning would not be possible without losers. Just like the end of every game. A winner, a loser. Some cut a good path through life, some don't. I can't because of shit that happened hundreds of years ago is just a load of bullshit. **==
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby Philly » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:35 am

spacemonkey wrote:Winning and losing is part of life, losers are required to have winners. Winning would not be possible without losers. Just like the end of every game. A winner, a loser. Some cut a good path through life, some don't. I can't because of shit that happened hundreds of years ago is just a load of bullshit. **==

There are ties in the NFL.
Philly
Governor

Postby spacemonkey » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:41 am

Philly wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:Winning and losing is part of life, losers are required to have winners. Winning would not be possible without losers. Just like the end of every game. A winner, a loser. Some cut a good path through life, some don't. I can't because of shit that happened hundreds of years ago is just a load of bullshit. **==

What about sudden death overtime?
The hardest part of doing nothing is knowing when your done.
spacemonkey
Governor

Postby Philly » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:47 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Philly wrote:

What about sudden death overtime?

They add 15 minutes to the clock. If the first score after that is a touchdown, the team that scored it wins. If the first score is a field goal, the other team gets a chance. If the score is still tied after 15 minutes, it's a tie.
Philly
Governor

PreviousNext

Return to The Soapbox