[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Net Neutrality takes takes a big blow • Page 8 • Front Page News • Political Crossfire Forums

Net Neutrality takes takes a big blow

Current news and it's political impact.

Re: Net Neutrality takes takes a big blow

Postby Bauce » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:19 pm

And one other thing to mention about a shift back towards a higher cost:content ratio; I kind of think I enjoyed the end product more back when it wasn't all just out there for virtually free. In the 90's, when I went to get a new album, I would put a lot of thought into which CD to buy. Once I chose my purchase, I would of course listen to it right away, same as I do when I choose a new song/album to stream today. The difference is that today, if a song doesn't jump out and appeal to me right away, there's so much more free content out there, so I probably move on and forget about it. Back then, if I didn't like the album I just spent my money on, I'd listen to it all the way through at least 3 or 4 more times, before casting a final judgment. And I can honestly say that my favorite album in the world didn't do much for me the first or even the second time I listened to it. If I first came across it today, I guess I would have just dismissed it and moved on.

I'm not saying this to be a luddite or a nostalgic "back in the day it was better" douchebag. I know that digital music isn't going anywhere and I'm glad for that (CDs skipped and scratched, good riddance) but I do think that making everything so available for next to nothing has cheapened the product and in many cases is diminishing our enjoyment of it. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if I had to commit to an album again like I used to.

These users thanked the author Bauce for the post:
gla22
Bauce
Banned
Banned

Postby The Dude » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:00 am

The Dude
Governor

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby Bauce » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:08 am

Bauce
Banned
Banned

Postby The Dude » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:59 am

I sometimes feel like listening to new music is almost a chore. 10 years ago I would be so excited and would listen to an album 10 times instantly. And this was without CDs, but rather leaks.

nowadays, I just feel like I don't have the time to really sit down and listen to a whole album and to do so requires me carving out time. I know it sounds odd, but that's how it feels.

I attribute this to getting older and other priorities.

That's not to say it's the case with you, just a personal thing. I feel like me getting older has contributed to how I consume my music (I still listen to music often, mind you...in the car, running, shopping, etc).

These users thanked the author The Dude for the post:
Dylan
The Dude
Governor

Postby Leviathan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:32 am

Audiobooks ruined music for me. Hard to justify going through the black album when I can practice my Spanish or listen to bob gates shit on half the government.
"The President, through the Attorney General, may authorize electronic surveillance without a court order under this subchapter to acquire foreign intelligence information for periods of up to one year..." - 50 U.S.C. § 1802
Leviathan
Banned
Banned

Political Leaning: Progressive

Postby Bauce » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:04 pm

Bauce
Banned
Banned

Postby Medius » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:17 pm

Medius
Governor

Postby Dylan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:42 pm

Dylan
Vice President

Postby Bauce » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:34 pm

Bauce
Banned
Banned

Postby Leviathan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:43 pm

"The President, through the Attorney General, may authorize electronic surveillance without a court order under this subchapter to acquire foreign intelligence information for periods of up to one year..." - 50 U.S.C. § 1802
Leviathan
Banned
Banned

Political Leaning: Progressive

PreviousNext

Return to Front Page News