[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
New Video Games • Science/Tech • Political Crossfire Forums

New Video Games

New Video Games

Postby phosphide » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:59 pm

In light of the holiday season, what, if any, new games will you be getting/looking forward to? Don't start bitching about consoles or whatever, just discuss games.

In addition to the holidays and all that wonderful joy we feel, I resurrect this article:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-bigge ... ne-gaming/

Also, if you see any good deals online for games post 'em.
We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will yet swell the chorus when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.
- Abraham Lincoln
phosphide
Senator

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Re: New Video Games

Postby The Dharma Bum » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:04 pm

You can buy games on Steam with bitcoins

These users thanked the author The Dharma Bum for the post:
Leviathan
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby Spider » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:51 am

Mario 3D World! Most fun I've had with a game in a long time. The next gen launch titles look like mediocrity incarnate so far. I'll probably pick up Titanfall for PC if it scores well. Looks like fun.

The game I'm really keeping an eye on is Star Citizen. Also, the Everquest Next looks really interesting. An entire MMO made of destructible voxels.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Postby phosphide » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:51 pm

Had Super Mario bros for the Wii and it was awesome. Haven't played anything new from that since. Wouldn't mind playing that again.

I don't play PC games so undoubtedly can't really relate to many of the games you mentioned. Only games I play on my linux machine would be Tremulous and Nexuiz. I have steam installed but don't really want to buy anything.
We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will yet swell the chorus when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.
- Abraham Lincoln
phosphide
Senator

Political Leaning: Libertarian

Postby John Galt » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:03 am

well i got assassin's creed 4 for free and i've played a bit of it. i really don't get the attraction. well, i mean, i love the IDEA of it as i love stealth games (Dishonored, Thief) but this.... he's sprinting or walking and the sprint button is the same as jump up on things button so if i'm trying to sprint around a corner i end up climbing a wall and hanging off a ledge and then the guards catch me and kill me. and if i do fight them i'm mainly spamming buttons and then stuff happens that looks cool but i just spammed buttons i didn't do anything special (as in, too easy). i just feel like the controls are clunky (i am playing on PC). also i sometimes get a weird graphical error where he's missing his lips, so he just looks like a crazy man with clenched teeth showing
Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Postby Bauce » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:21 pm

If metal gear solid v (whenever that actually comes out) is available on the ps3 I'll get that. Otherwise it don't feel like I've seen anything compelling enough for me to purchase a next gen console so I won't be getting any new systems or new games until I see something that blows me away and gets me back in the market
Bauce
Banned
Banned

Postby The Dharma Bum » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:23 pm

They should do a new syphon filter for gen 8 consoles

if they had one truly rocking game I would get one.
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Postby The Dharma Bum » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Maybe a bass new version of C&C
The Dharma Bum
Vice President

Postby Spider » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:02 pm

These users thanked the author Spider for the post:
The Dharma Bum
Spider
VIP
VIP

Postby John Galt » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:53 am

Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience. -- Theodore Roosevelt
My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven’t been cynical enough.

These users thanked the author John Galt for the post:
The Dharma Bum
John Galt
Technical Admin

Political Leaning: Classic Liberal

Next

Return to Science/Tech