[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4829: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4831: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4832: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4833: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3911)
Looks like MS is pulling another 180 with Xbone • Page 6 • Science/Tech • Political Crossfire Forums

Looks like MS is pulling another 180 with Xbone

Re: Looks like MS is pulling another 180 with Xbone

Postby uebermann » Wed May 21, 2014 1:28 pm

uebermann
Site Admin

Political Leaning: Middle of the Road

Postby Mr.Bill » Wed May 21, 2014 1:44 pm

Just certain programs.. Nothing big... The main complaint I have with Ubuntu 12.04 is it's finicky at times with wireless connectivity..

When I travel if I bring that Win 7 laptop I will use Win 7 exclusively.. 12.04 at times is just a PITA wirelessly. Even here at home, it'll work, it'll work, then the 9th time or whatever I open the lid and bring it out of stand-by it won't connect to my home network, and I have to re-boot..

I do not know if 13 and 14 are as finicky. This desktop with 14.04 isn't wireless.

I think you'll be fine with Lubuntu..
Mr.Bill
VIP
VIP

Postby fstarcstar » Wed May 21, 2014 9:14 pm

We seem to have forgotten the original Kinect set the world record for the fastest selling consumer electronics product.
fstarcstar
Governor

Postby Spider » Wed May 21, 2014 9:53 pm

Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

Postby uebermann » Thu May 22, 2014 7:00 am

uebermann
Site Admin

Postby Mr.Bill » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:56 am

14.04 is running so frinkin good on this desktop I haven't bought Win 7 yet, and I think I'm going to save the $80 and just use 14.04 and Mint on this desktop.

They are running flawless. I've used Linux for years, but they seemed to have really hit the jackpot with 14.
Mr.Bill
VIP
VIP

Postby uebermann » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:29 am

Kinect void of any mention at E3 yesterday during Microsoft's presentation. No games, no apps, no nothing.
uebermann
Site Admin

Postby Mr.Bill » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:34 pm

Mr.Bill
VIP
VIP

Postby Winchester » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:41 pm

Winchester
Governor

Postby Spider » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:16 pm

I wonder what the free upgrade path is? Only free as an upgrade from 8? What about 7?

Doesn't matter, 7 is pretty much perfect. 9 will have to be pretty great to get me to switch.

And Win, I dunno about others, but my problem with 8 is fundamental to it trying to be both and tablet and desktop OS at the same time. If they'd have just given me the option of turning off all of that tablet crap (Metro, full screen apps, the lack of a start button and quick search ability etc etc) and just let me use it as a desktop OS, I'd grumble but probably be fine with it. But....they are trying to FORCE us to use all of this awfulness, and I resent that.

It sounds like 8 is extremely stable, and light on resources, and that's great. But the interface is just a massive turn off. Annoying. Very very annoying.

Sounds like 9 will have windowed apps that run on the desktop, instead of going full screen, but if they aren't willing to completely remove Metro, or at least give me the option of shutting it off, then I'm really not very interested.
Spider
VIP
VIP

Political Leaning: Anarcho Communist

PreviousNext

Return to Science/Tech